cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing Group Header on all Pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BO Gurus,

I am not sure if someone has already posted this question or not.

We have a situation in Crystal Report Design where I need to show the Group Header on all the pages.

I could successfully show Group Header on all the pages that has details associated with it by selecting 'Repeat the Group Header on all Pages' option.

But when there is a situation where Details End at some part of the page, and Group Header goes into next page; Iam not able to display the Group Header on that page.

Any Suggestions/Recommendation is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Use the Notes option to search for the number and text by clicking on the Businessobjects tab above and then notes....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

Try this hope it will help you.

In Section Expert |Click on Group footer | Select the option "New Page after".

Regards

Asha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Asha ,

Actually this is how my Report layout is

Group Header

---Detail1

---Detail2

---Detail3

Group Footer1 (New Page After and Show at Bottom Setting)

Group Footer 2 (New Page Before Setting)

This is the layout of my report.

When Details and Group Footer1 come in same page then my Group Header works perfect.

When there are many details then the Group Footer1 skips into next page and Group Header does not show up in that page.

Our requirement is such a way that Group Footer1 should have Group Header and Group Footer2 should always come in new page (i.e. last Page)

I think I made it clear on my issue/requirement.

Again I really appreciate for your reply.

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan

I would suggest you to check the option "Repeat Group Header on Each Page".Mentioned below are the steps:

1)Right Click the Group header #1

2)Select Change group.

3)Click on Option Tab.

4)Check the option Repeat Group Header on Each Page.

If it doesnt solve the issue let us know.

Regards

Asha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asha,

I have already done that 'Repeat Group Header in Each Page' option initially and that's how I get the Group Header Repeated in each Detail page, but that fails when Group Footer comes in new page.

Please let me know if Iam doing something wrong.

Thanks

Kalyan

Edited by: Kalyan Nadella on Sep 17, 2008 4:57 PM

Edited by: Kalyan Nadella on Sep 17, 2008 4:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not OnLastRecord

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When selecting the group option "Repeat Group Header on Each New Page", it will unfortunately not repeat the "Group Header" when no detail is printed before the Group Footer section prints.

To workaround this situation, they have several techniques. Consult the following SAP Notes for step by step instructions on how to prevent this situation:

[1208081 - How to prevent widowed group footers from appearing on a report|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3030312669765F7361706E6F7465735F6E756D6265723D3132303830383126]

Hope this help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Welcome to "hang city" on that one.

Maybe you could post it instead ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Iam not able to open that link.

If you could post those steps I would really apprciate it.

Thanks

kalyan