cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Install for XI R2 SP4?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any packages available for full installs of XI R2 SP4, or if I would have to install XI, then each suceeding release and service pack? I found the SP4 install, but it seems to only be the service pack.

Sorry if this is answered somewhere, but I've searched all over the forums, the SAP support site and the BO Electronic Download site, and I just can't seem to find the answer.

TIA,

Lee

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a full install with SP4 available from the ESD site. I installed it myself because I did not want to install one patch at a time. i haven't found any issues with it either.

If you have access to the ESD sote, you should be able to download it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I fill a bit of an idiot. After reading your message, I found it on the ESD site fairly quickly. I'm not sure why I didn't spot it before - apparently I looked in every place on the ESD site except where I need to.

Thanks again,

Lee

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I used ESD to navigate to the list titled Service Pack (and Full Install): BusinessObjects Enterprise - WIN - INTL, and downloaded all the components from there. I tried to do the install again, and it came up with a box saying it was unable to connect to the CMS. I checked the installation guide that I downloaded, and it is just like the one I had downloaded before - it says I need at least BO XI R2 SP2 already installed. Now I'm really confused. Apparently this is not a full install, even though that's what it's titled, or am I just doing something really stupid again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lee,

You need to download the one which says:

Service Pack (and Full Install): BusinessObjects Enterprise - WIN - INTL

You can tell if you are downloading the correct one if there is only one download file.

Below is the link:

https://businessobjects.subscribenet.com/control/bobj/download?element=1183023&displayDetailedLicens...

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup, that's the page I downloaded from. I downloaded 5 files (I didn't bother with the 2 ISO images).

When I look at the BusinessObjects Enterprise Installation and Deployment Guide, it says this under the "prerequisites":

When any of the Service Pack 4 packages are installed, a detection process

searches for installed components. If the specific required components are

not detected the Service Pack 4 installation will stop.

The BusinessObjects XI Release 2 Service Pack 4 package requires

BusinessObjects Enterprise XI Release 2 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or Service

Pack 3 (SP3) for installation. Please ensure that an installation of SP2 or

SP3 is in place before installing Service Pack 4.

Note: If you have already installed SP2 and haven't installed SP3, it is not

necessary to install SP3 first. You can install SP4 on top of SP2.

However, when I did the install, it never stopped and said I didn't have the necessary prerequisites. It just causes problems when it starts trying to connect to the CMS, which doesn't exist. I'm assuming this is because it's trying to connect to an existing CMS, and there is none.

Lee

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As this is now an actual technical issue, I would recommend posting this issue to the Business Objects Enterprise Administration forum:

That forum is monitored by qualified technicians and you will get a faster response there. Also, all BOE queries remain in one place and thus can be easily searched in one place.

It will also be a good idea to reference this thread in your new post.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will do. Thanks, Ludek.

Lee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I donwloaded the iso file : "Service pack (full install) BO SP4", and i use it to install BO XI .

So i want to know if it is the good version, and when I launch Deski , i didn't see SP4.

I downloaded the Service pack 2 too. And when I executed it, I have a message : "The service pack 1 don't exist. You must install the service pack 1."

It is a really service pack 4 install ?

on the install dvd there is a file "ProductID.txt" which contains :

ProductID=11.5.10.1263.1.01.Full

But in the dialog box of Deski , I notice "Desktop intelligence 11.5.0.0"..

How can I verify the version ?

Thank You.

PS: I download too the service pack 4 "simple" (not the full install) , and I extract the productID.txt file. It contains this :

"ProductID=11.5.10.1263.1.22.Patch " it is not the same id of the full install SP4...it's normal ?

Edited by: Julien Bittard on Oct 1, 2008 10:07 AM

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ESD is only available to customers with BO support contracts. If you do not have a support contract, see my previous note.

Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming you have CR XI r1, you can use the keycode from CR XI r1 and download CR XI r2 from here;

http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crxir2.asp

I would recommend uninstalling CR XI r1 first as in my experience, the two versions don't play well together.

Then download SP 4 from here:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006255422008E/crxir2_sp4_inc.exe

If you get prompted for SP3, download that from here:

http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp

Ludek