cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To blog Administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Administrator,

I have two very important Unresolved Questions on this forum. How long should I wait for a response? Is the SAP Community the only source of help for .net development with Crystal? Is there some other way to get support more quickly?

My questions are titled:

1. Report too wide for viewer

2. Exporting report to Excel - Column width option

Thanks,

Linda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

These forums are for community assistance with general questions and not a technical support venue.

People will try and help with technical support issues, but there is no guarentee that you will be able to get a resolution for technical issues. There is also no way to control how fast or slow responses from users come or how much/little help they will be.

If you have technical support questions that can not wait for assistance on the forums or are not being answered to your liking, you have the option to purchase support.

You can call 1-800-877-2340 Option 4 then Option 1 to purchase single case incidents.

Each question would need a seperate case.

You will need to be using Crystal Reports XI Release 2, Crystal Reports 2008, or one of the bundled versions that come with Visual Studio as those are the only versions of the product that are still supported.

Best Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jason,

Thank you for your response. The forum is a great source of information and I appreciate it.

Are you saying that all tech support for crystal purchasers is fee-based?

Linda

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

You are correct.

There is no free "support" other than the forums.

While we do our best to try and help forum customers with issues sometimes it isn't possible to resolve them all. It just depends on a variety of factors such as our case load, the sheer volume of forum postings, the specific issue that the forum poster is having may not be conducive to troubleshooting in a forum format (for example it may be too complicated to troubleshoot for forum postings), etc.

For times when it isn't possible to resolve an issue or in cases where a customer needs more immediate or personal assistance, there is the option of purchased support cases.

If you would like to speak to a technical customer assurance engineer about your Crystal issues you will need to purchase support via the number provided. Each issue will need a seperate case and needs to be for a currently supported platform (ie. Crystal 10, Crystal XI Release 1, etc are no longer supported).

Best Regards,

Jason

0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

I replied to both your questions.

Thank you for your patience.

Don

Answers (0)