cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR 2008 x 64 bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

CR 2008 in 64 bit machine only run if Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1 ??????

Command:

Dim x = New CrystalReport1

PS.: CrystalReport1 is a simple report in my project.

Error:

An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime. Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient, or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly. Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required. Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.

Redist:

CRRedist2008_x64.msi -->Date Published in site (10 Set 2008)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Can someone tell me please what i need to install on my windows 2008 server x64 to make a site developed with visual studio 2008 and crystal report 2008 to work?

i can't get out of trouble!

I have crystal report 2008 sp1 with all patches installed on developing machine. how have i to configure the server? i red above that nedd to force working in 32 bit mode.. how can i set it?

thanx,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To run the application with Crystal reports on 64 bit there are two workarounds:

1. Run the IIS under 32 bit mode so that your application will use 32 bit Crystal Reports runtimes.

For this please do the steps mentioned below:

1.When compiling the application in Visual Studio .NET 2008 you will need to force it to 32 bit mode.

2.You can do this by right-clicking the project name in the Solution Explorer.

For VB.NET

Click Compile, then Advanced Compile Options. For the Target CPU drop down box, change it from "AnyCPU" to "x86" then click OK.

For C#.NET

Click Build and change the Platform Target option from "Any CPU" to "x86".

Now follow the steps mentioned in the Kbase article from the below link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/894435

You should then be able to run the application on a 64 bit OS without error.

The second workaround is

To change the references in your web application to CR 10.5 i.e. Crystal Reports basic for Visual Studio 2008. Crystal Reports 10.5 has the runtime for 64 bit machine.

For this:

1. Uninstall Crystal Reports 2008 from your machine.

2. Run the set up file for Visual Studio 2008 (from CD or the installation source that you use).

3. Click on Repair.

4. From the list of components select Crystal Reports 10.5 and click on Next.

5. After the repair is done you should be able to use the application using Crystal Reports.

Hope this helps!!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alex,

Read this text.

Crystal Reports XI R2, VS2005 and x64

We found a way to get Crystal Reports XIR2 web pages to work on a x64 machine when using iis. It is to set iis to use a 32 bit worker process, refer to Microsoft's knowledge base article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;895976

Basically in a command prompt you have to type the following command to enable 32-bit Application Pools:

cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 1

Down the road, if you've made the required steps to update your stuff to 64-bit, type the following to re-enable 64-bit Application Pools:

cscript %SystemDrive%\inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set w3svc/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0

Oh... CR came with VS2005 has many bugs and slow in performance, at least 3-5 times slower compared with R2. I've tested R2 with .Net on a 32bit windows, it fixed all problems I got with 10.2, but it is sad that it cannot support x64 platform.

no, the only 64 bit version of Crystal Reports is the version that came bundled with VS 2005 (CR 10.2). Business Objects hasn't released any other information regarding x64 yet.

I'm using CR XI R2 and VS2005, when I load the report, it throw the following exception, it only occur on my win2k3 server x64, but not on x86 windows. I've installed CRRedistx64.msi under VS2005 folder, I don't know it is suitable for XI R2 or not. Does XI R2 support 64bit windows?

Exception:

An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime.

Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly.

Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required. Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.

I hope to help,

Leonardo Kangussu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ted,

CR 2008 already run in 64 bit enviroment?

If no, exists an forecast to run in 64 bit mode?

Tks,

Leonardo Kangussu Mendes

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

That's correct - you run it in 32-bit mode.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tks Ted,

But exists an forecast to run in 64 bit mode?

tks again

Leonardo Mendes

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I don't have any info at this time - I do know it's on the roadmap.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ted,

CR 2008 already run in 64 bit enviroment?

If no, exists an forecast to run in 64 bit mode?

Tks,

Leonardo Kangussu Mendes