cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES - Not able to login to any other client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I just installed SAP IDES system and successfully imported a permanent license key.

When I run SCC4, I can see that the default installation creates the following clients - 000, 001, 800, 810, 811 and 812.

I am able to login to clients 000 and 001 using sap* as user. However, I am not able to login to either 800 or 812. I have tried both sap* as well as ddic as the username. The error I get back is that either the username or password is invalid.

Can someone please suggest me what I need to do to make it work?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As kaleem says, Try with the userID basis and the password you had given during the installation.

Thanks,

Satyabrat

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this: 800 client, sap* user, 06071992 password

800 client, ddic user, 19920706 password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

By default SAP installation creates only three clients they are 000,001 and 066.I have never seen or heard about the fresh installtion of SAP creates other clients.

So better go to scc4 and check the clients and delete them and create new clients.

or

Try by resetting the password of DDIC and SAP* at oracle level in table usr02 for clients you specified like 800 ....

Thanks,

Learning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Learning,

Thank you for your help.

SAP IDES is a demo system. It is confirmed that IDES installation does create 800 and other clients. Please see my other post "Is client-copy necessary for IDES?"

So one option is to modify usr02 table for the password. However, I am thinking there must be a more standard way. My IDES installation was a standard one. There was nothing special about my installation.

Can someone please help?

Regards,

Peter

ps0907
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There are OSS notes for each IDES release that include this type of information. For example, note 1013391 would apply for ERP 2005 SR2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

Have you tried with user Basis and the master password you gave during the installation.

Regards

Kaleem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi peter,

check the value for the parameter

login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos
So one option is to modify usr02 table for the password. However, I am thinking there must be a more standard way. My IDES installation was a standard one. There was nothing special about my installation.

Can someone please help?

Sadly, no other way if your SAP*,DDIC and any other existing super user is locked.

You got to delete the SAP*/DDIC from the database.

Proceed as follows:

1.Check your instant profile and make login/no_automatic_user_sapstar is set to "0" and now make a restart of your server.

Try this from command prompt.

sqlplus /nolog;

conn /as sysdba;

Now type this and take caution as this is case sensitive:

DELETE FROM <sid>.USR02

WHERE BNAME='SAP*' AND MANDT='<client no.>'

EG-->

DELETE FROM dev.USR02

WHERE BNAME='SAP*' AND MANDT='123'

Then restart your server and login as user SAP* password pass.

Hopefully this will work.

Regards,

Ashutosh