cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Tcode ABAVN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Tcode ABAVN, after giving details, when trying to simulate..

it is showing the error that ' You cannot post to asset in company code 1000 fiscal year 2008'.

Diagnosis

A fiscal year change has not yet been performed in Asset Accounting for company code 4000.

I have given asset value date to 31.12.2008

How to resolve this?

Regards,

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please proceed with the following steps:-

1.) Check in OAAQ till which yr, yr end closing has been done.

2.) There should ne an enrty of your company code and closed fiscak yr as "2007". If 2007 is not closed then 2008 cannot be posted to.

3.) Now to close you need to check following:-

i) AFBP: check if dep run has ben done for you comp code, fiscal yr and period 12. This will give you a log. If all the posting have been done then move to next step. Else run the dep run till period 12 and then move to next step.

ii) Execute AJAB

iii) Execute AJRW

iv) Check in OAAQ if yr closing is appreaing

Now you can do asset posting in FY 2008.

Regards,

Satish Muvva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

when i checked in OAAQ, maintained only till 2005.

Then in AFBP, gave for 2006 and period 1, got error saying 'No posting run corresponding to the selections entered'

Then have gone to run depression AFAB, but again got error 'Posting run requested for future period; check your entry'

Now, how to proceed with this?

Thanks,

Swetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

When you started with asset accounting and was there some years that there was no depreciation and start that now again? We had this some times

There is for these cases an OSS note that correct the values in the table. When your problem not is solved I will look tomorow if I can found that OSS note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For fiscal year closing have a look to the answer from Markes Bredel some days ago.

Question Error while executing AJAB from 9 September

see

Somewere there is an other one to have a look to the Blogs

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/weblogs/topic/98

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your error message tells you exactly what your problem is. You haven't done a 'fiscal year change' yet for fiscial year 2008. Use transaction AJRW. You should read the SAP Help Portal regarding year-end processing to familiarize yourself with what needs to be done at year end for asset accounting.