cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language Packs for Crystal XI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are there language packs available for Crystal Reports XI Professional? I'm particularly looking for Polish. We use our Crystal in a Citrix environment. People in Spain see Spanish when they use it, the English see English, Germans see German, but since Polish isn't a default language the Polish users see English as well.

If I could get a language pack it would help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

We have a samples for CRXIR2 in Polish

can be downloaded from here:

[https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

Select Product :Crystal Report

Version :XIR2

Software type optional:*

have a look in sample ,language

We can upgrade Crystal reports from CRXI to CRXIR2

from here:

Upgrading CRXI to CRXIR2

I would like to inform you that VS 2005 is only compatible with CR XI R2 and CR 2008

To download the CR XI R2 follow the instructions given below:-

Crystal Reports XI is installed on your computer. You need to manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI for one of the following reasons:

u2022 To verify that all Crystal Reports XI components have been completely removed prior to installing a later version of Crystal Reports.

u2022 To remove the remaining Crystal Reports XI components that have not been removed using the 'Add/Remove Programs' command (Start > Settings > Control Panel).

u2022 To remove the remaining Crystal Reports XI components that have not been removed using the Setup.exe file from Crystal Reports XI installation CD.

How do you manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI?

Resolution

Before getting started, uninstall Crystal Reports XI by launching the Setup.exe file from the installation CD or by using the 'Add/Remove Programs' command. If either of these methods fails to remove all Crystal Reports directories, files and registry keys, then continue with the resolution of this article.

==========

WARNING:

This resolution can be applied if Crystal Reports XI is the only software installed on the computer that uses the Business Objects directories, files and registry keys.

For example, Crystal Analysis, Crystal Enterprise and BusinessObjects Enterprise XI are applications that may share the same directories, files and registry keys.

Removing these directories, files and registry keys may cause other software to function incorrectly.

==========

1. To manually uninstall Crystal Reports XI, delete the following directories:

u2022 C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0

u2022 C:\Program Files\Business Objects

====================

NOTE:

Do not remove the directory C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0 if you have BusinessObjects Enterprise XI or Crystal Reports Server XI installed. These files are shared by both applications and removal of these files will cause Business ObjectsEnterprise XI and Crystal Reports Server XI to function incorrectly.

====================

2. Delete the following registry keys:

====================

WARNING:

The following resolution involves editing the registry. Using the Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall the Microsoft Windows operating system. Use the Registry Editor at your own risk.

HELP:

For information on how to edit the registry key, view the 'Changing Keys And Values' online Help topic in the Registry Editor (Regedit.exe).

RECOMMENDATION:

It is strongly recommended that you make a backup copy of the registry files (System.dat and User.dat on Win9x computers) before you edit the registry.

====================

u2022 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects

u2022 HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects

u2022 HKEY_USERS\S-#-#-##-...-####\Software\Business Objects

(The number signs (#) represent a series of numbers that are different on each computer.)

====================

NOTE:

After making changes to the registry, restart the affected service or application as required.

After deleting the CR XI from the system install the CR XI R2 full build and provide the same key as you provided in CR XI.

Download CR XI R2 from [here|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked and we do indeed have R2.

I downloaded a sample Polish report and it does show up with Polish characters on my US locale machine. Does this mean that it's possible to use Polish characters even though the interface is in English?

The users in Poland reported that they couldn't type in their special characters. Also, they have a need to use the ToWords() function to convert numbers to words, I imagine this wouldn't work if the interface is in English.

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I dont have much idea about it .

As CRXIR2 is multi language support.

We can try with:

Installing Crystal Reports on Polish operating system.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Shweta