cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS Track configuration using NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to configure track for ESS/MSS. I have followed the "JDI Cookbook for ESS". But In one step I got stuck. As per the guide I need to download the following .SCA files from service marketplace and need to place those in inbox folder of CMS.

The files are

o SAP_JTECHS.sca

o SAP_BUILDT.sca

o SAP-JEE.sca

o SAPPCUI_GP.sca

o SAP_ESS.sca

o SAP_MSS.sca

Now I have downloaded those files but getting two versions for each SCA like bellow

SAPBUILDT12_0-10003479.SCA

SAPBUILDT12_0-20000950.SCA

SAPESS12_0-20000512.SCA

SAPESS12p_4-20000512.SCA

SAPJEE12_0-100003469.SCA

SAPJEE12P_7-100003469.SCA

SAPJTECHS12_0-10003467.SCA

SAPJTECHS12P_23-10003467.SCA

SAPMSS12_0-20000503.SCA (Only one)

SAPPCUIGP12_0-200001215.SCA

SAPPCUIGP12P_1-200001215.SCA

So my confusion is which files(from two versions of each component) I need to put in inbox for each component or I need to put all the SCAs in Inbox.

Can anybody give the suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Chandan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

snehal_kendre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Chandan,

Put any heigher version of SCA of dependecies. but dont put 2 versions simultanously.

You can check the SAP notes with every new versions of SCA. it contains the information about what is new in the released version than previous one.

former_member206397
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. As per your suggestion I have done and I am able to configure my track and I have imported that track in my NWDS.

But I have one more confusion here. After importing that track in NWDS I am able to see all those SCs and DCs for ESS, MSS and others in Active DCs and in Inactive DC I am getting only two SCs which I have created in SLD and those are blank.

To customize one DC what should I do? Can you please tell me steps details. I have tried to Sync Archives one SC from Active DCs and then it is coming in the track which is located in Local DCs but in Web Dynpro perspective I am getting nothing. I think I am not doing it in right way. Please tell me the way to customize.

One more suggestion from you. I have gone through the JDI Cookbook for ESS. At the end of the doc I got that at the time of SP up gradation I need to compare metadata to get the modification with the upgrade SP. But see suppose I have done some customization in one DC and SAP is also done some modification on same DC. The how I will put my modification in new SP. At that situation metadata comparison is a very complex job. Do you have any suggestion over it.

Thanks in advance

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandan,

Put all the required components in the CMS inbox and checkin and import into development and consolidation tabs .then you will see the DCs in active tab.

coming to upgradation it is a tedious task and you have to manually move all those changes from one track and we have recently done that after some struggle.

Any doubts revert to me

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (0)