cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2038: Record locked by another transaction / Internal error occured

tjandra_afandi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, sometimes when I'm trying to update a SO via DI API, I got this error -2038. The error message varies, either: "Internal error occured" or "Record locked by another transaction". Ffor 'record locked' error, the table/field names varies, eg.

[RDR1.ItemCode][line: 7]

[RDR12.TaxId8][line: 1]

[WTR1.ItemCode][line: 1]

[RDR1.ItemCode][line: 9]

[RDR1.ItemCode][line: 3]

[RDR12.TaxId2][line: 1]

[RDR12.CityS][line: 1]

Any idea what the problem might be? FYI I'm using PL41, and this DI calls are from a centralized 'handler' VB.NET program. I've also released the instantiated BO objects via System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject() (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317109)

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Tjandra Afandi,

You can refer to SAP Note 1231885 about this error information.

Best Regards

Jane Jing

SAP Business One Forums team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umm... sorry, could you please guide me on how to search on that note#? I tried the search box (top right corner of SDN), but got 0 result.

Thanks.

Nussi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can search for notes [here|http://service.sap.com/notes]

but you need a S-User for the Marketplace

lg David

tjandra_afandi2
Participant
0 Kudos

David: what do you mean by 'S-User for the Marketplace'? I think I'm not an S-User, so I still can't login... How can I be an S-User?

Anyway, I'll close this question, even though it's not really solved. I can't find any other user updating the same document, but that -2038 errors still pop up.

Currently I'm using John's approach to retry whenever I got -2038. As long as it works and everybody's happy I guess...

Thanks everybody.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I would do:

catch the 2038 error event, then retry the update/add/delete 1 to 5 seconds later.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For John: Thanks for your suggestion. That's a good idea; I'll try to implement it right away, while waiting for the real fix.

Thanks.