cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to know the function or business scenario of certain field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts!

What should i do when i want to know the the function or business scenario of certain field but there is only the defination of this field in SAP HELP???

eg.

What shou i do when i want to know the fuction or effact of the field "vendor" in customer master,general data,control tabpage.

In other words, i want to know what will happened to the customer master if i entry a vendor number in the field "vendor".

The HELP is just tell me about the field "vendor"'s defination.

I've tried using SE11 to verify "where-used list" of the field "vendor", however, there is only the list but any fruther information about how it works and the business scenario it is used.

please help me, I have been puzzled for a long time.

thank you so much!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think there is any specific solution for what you are looking at. In F1 window if the customization icon is active then you can navigate to customization and read the text associatied with that customization to know further. Another alternative can be to search in online help. You can also try and search with the field in OSS.

Still you are not able to get the requried info then best thing to do is post in forums like SDN and get the info. To know more about the use of vendor in customer master field please go throught the SAP link which has details about Customers and Business Partners.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/dd/55f3f7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Regards,

GSL.

Answers (0)