Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SAP Enterprise Portals comments @ TechEd08

Hi TechEd08 attendees,

I did not attend SAP TechEd'08 but heard a few comments on the future of SAP Enterprise Portal from someone who attended the event. I would like to know your opinion on the same:

i) I hear that SAP showed signs of discouraging the use of Enterprise Portal, and was rather encouraging folks to use your own portal solution and integrate with SAP systems..

However, my personal understanding was that SAP has had a proven portal solution - also as an external facing solution (lately).. and if designed/architected well, it will be a used as a perfect external facing portal.

ii) Also heard that WebDynpro was not given much importance; probably not showing signs of future development using the technology;

If this is the case: what would be the preferred technology? do custom development?

iii) Another interesting comment on SAP promoting use of Microsoft development tools for .NET more than Java & ABAP webdynpros..?

So, Is SAP developing future Business Packages in .NET?

iv) Although I do not have much experience with SAP's Handheld solution; I understand that SAP solution can not support applications that would be built to run on devices like MC70 (handheld) - Any thoughts?

I am curious to know your thoughts on the above and any additional information that you'd like to share..

Thanks,

Jay

Edited by: Jayant Menon on Sep 15, 2008 11:34 AM

Edited by: Jayant Menon on Sep 15, 2008 12:17 PM

Edited by: Jayant Menon on Sep 15, 2008 12:20 PM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question