cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM 2007 - Internet Sales on Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm configuring Internet Sales and the Best Practice Guides refer to Windows Server configuration but I'm configuring for for Linux Servers.

Has anyone done this and if so where did you source the relevant config documentation.

Many Thanks

Panduranga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have an idea how to setup an FTP server. i.e IIS etc.

First you have setup an FTP server and you should give an access through HTTP also.

This server details should need to be given in CRM for publishing the documents. This can be either HTTP or FTP i.e the CRM is connected to the image server either by HTTP or FTP mode so that the documents are published by either protocols.

HTTP access to image server is require to access the images through a WEB Application either B2B or B2C.

Regards,

Sateesh Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh

I need to know how to do these things.

I know what I need to do, it is the how to do which I require instruction on.

Many Thanks

Panduranga

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Panduranga,

You can search on various forums on how to set up a web server in Linux. It is very simple, and most Linux distributions come pre-installed with a Web server such as Apache and so on. There are several web sites that will provide tutorials on installing Apache Web Server on Linux.

You can use IIS only if you are using a Windows based server. To sum it all up, all you need to do is:

1. Set up a Web server.

2. Create an FTP user. Ensure that this user has read / write access.

3. Ensure that the HTTP access is also read and write for anonymous access.

4. Check the port numbers that are configured by default on your Web server for HTTP and FTP access.

All the above data needs to be provided in Customizing in CRM - Master Data- Product Catalog - "Set target for publishing catalog contents".

All the above 4 steps are easily available as easy to understand tutorials on Google! Check them out, and hope it helps you!

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson S. Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

Finally resolved this, the FTP directory required a '/' at the front.

I believe this is due to the issue of it being a Linux configuration and not Windows (But could be wrong).

Many Thanks for your guidance

Panduranga

nelson_raj2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Panduranga,

What component of the Internet Sales are you configuring on Linux?

Web Server (Images) ? J2EE Application Server? ABAP Backend (CI+DB) Instance?

If I'm right, I think you refer to the Web Server meant for the images that were maintained in the Product Catalog. We had configured the Image Server succesfully in Unix and Windows, however we stuck with Windows since the maintenance was easier.

In terms of feasibility, the image server can definitely be installed on the Linux OS, however, sadly there is no documentation by SAP for the same.

As far as my knowledge is concerned, you need to do the following:

1. Provide user based FTP access to the Web server, which creates the directories on the Web server based on the Product Catalog item GUIDs. (43,44,45 etc.,)

2. Configure a Web Server with anonymous access to HTTP for writing and reading. This is used by the ABAP instance to transfer the documents and the various contents to the Web server in the respective folders as created in the previous step.

If you satisfy the above pre-requisites then you should not face any issue using your Linux servers. The SAP Product Catalog interacts with the Web Server at the time of replication, and its interaction is through the HTTP and FTP protocols, hence the OS of the Web Server is irrelevant.

Having said that, you could face issues with different OSes in terms of the tighter security restrictions they apply for the above two protocols.

Hope it helps.

Thanks & Regards,

Nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson

Please forgive my lack of knowledge in this area, this is my first attempt at Internet Sales.

All I know is that we are using Linux as our operating system. I'm guessing we'll need Web Server (Images) and whatever else is required to publish the Product Catalog.

I'd would be immensely grateful if you could supply some information as to how I make the necessary settings.

Many Thanks

Panduranga