cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change Webi Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I migrated some user webi reports from a BO 5.1.X server to an XI R2 w/ SP 2 server.

The universes exist on the XI R2 server, but when I try to launch the webi reports in XI it says:

"Universe not found. See your Business Objects administrator. (Error: WIS 00501)"

But the universe has indeed already been migrated. When I open the report in Webi, if I try to modify the universe name, the feild looks like it is not accessible and does not allow me to change it.

Any ideas ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So I tried to remove those reports from XI and re-import them.

The problem I have now is that when I try to re-import the reports, there are no reports being migrated. The tool does not even see the old reports anymore, even though they are all still there.

Any ideas what may have caused this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or

Cause:

Reports are connected to the universe by the universe name so may be reports are not connected to the universe properly.

Workaround:

-Import the Universe in the Designer and then re Export it to the repository.

- Try to refresh the report in infoview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First we have to check whether any universe is associated with the Webi report or not.

- Goto CMC (Central Management Console) > Objects > search for the report.

- Now Click on the report name > click on the buttonu2019 universeu2019 which is placed below the Properties tab.

- See if the universe name which is mentioned there is correct or not.

If the universe name is not correct then try to re-migrate the reports along with the universe via Import Wizard with Update option.

Please revert in case of any further queries.

Regards,

Deepti Bajpai