cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting from non-batch to batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can you tell what is the best strategy to convert a system from non-batch managed to batch managed? Batch management should have been implemented from the start, but my client just realized that mistake. This is knowing that we already have inventory and all kinds of transactional data: purchase orders, sales order, production orders...

I am looking for the less painfull strategy, as detailed as possible.

Thank you.

Fotso

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In note 533276, there is a reference to a tool that help converting to Batch Management requirement indicator.

Does anyone know about the tool?

If you have it, can you please tell me where i can download it?Thanks

Fotso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much guys for your valuable answers. What are the steps in order to activate the Batch Management, beside setting it in the MM? Are there any config steps?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is much easier than outlined earlier.

Obtain stock in previous and current period from MM03 plant stock view.

issue the stock from previous period first, then the remaining quantity in the current period. This can be done with 201or 551 movement (561 is often blocked after a go-live to avoid screwing up the initial stock balance value)

Then set the batch managment indicator.

finally cancel the material documents created before.

Compare with instructíons of OSS note 30656.

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Hi,

Procedure to be followed to activate Batch Management for Materials: -

1. Mark Deletion Flag for all the Open Purchasing Documents of Materials

2. Technical Completion of Production Orders to cancel open Reservations of Materials

3. Create a Dummy Material for Material (Batch Management Active)

4. Generate details of Unrestricted Stock of Materials as per Bill of Entry

5. Transfer Stock of Materials to Dummy Material using Movement Type "309" in previous period (Stock will be transferred Bill of Entry wise)

6. Activate batch Management for Materials

7. Transfer Stock from Dummy Material to Materials

Note: -

1) If there is stock available in previous period and also stock available in current period then Transfer Posting from Material to Material can be done directly in previous period. (Comparison of Tables MARD and MARDH)

2) In case if there is stock in previous period but no stock available in current period then we have to post an initial stock entry using movement type "561" to generate stock in current period (Here Quantity = Stock in Previous period)

3) Reverse these Material Documents in previous period

There are several SAP notes that give some useful information:

30656 Change base unit of measure/batch mngt requirement

533383 Resetting batch management requirement

533377 Conversion of batch level

I hope this helps!

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran