cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on using SAPgui 7.10 installation server

Former Member
0 Kudos

At first I thought that I could push an install to specific PCs using the installation server. Now I know there is no push function. From the install guide, it looks like logon scripting is the closest procedure to "pushing" the install. From talking with our network admin it sounds doable but he's not big on logon scripting.

I either need advice on using the logon scripting method or on using a better method. Any recommendations?

thanx

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

About scripting ... are you have AD in enterprise? We use 2 ways to implement it without any other tools like SMS. 1) We create LSH,any package, after create some *.BAT file and add in this file command to installation (and other commands if need , for example copy INI file and other required) like this

SERVERNAME\SAPGUIINST\Setup\NwSapSetup.exe /Silent /Package="ALL" (it's for package "ALL")

After this file put on same network SHARE, where all have an access ,and in forced situations peoples (or remote admins) only executes this *.BAT file.

2) In logon script for AD user add same line with some checks, try to read in Microsoft forums.

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I appreciate the responses guys. I'll look into these methods.

thanx

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use SCCM (new version of SMS) to send an 'update trigger' that executes the install syntax.

I also have on the installation server, shortcuts with the install syntax for various packages. I can email the path to specific end users and have them click it to launch any particular shortcut. Since I have SAP LSH service config'd they can do the install even if they don't have local admin rights.

Bob