Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Invalid export DLL or export format

When trying to export a Crystal report (Crystal 2008) to an Excel file using the CrystalReportViewer control in VB.NET, I receive the error message "Error in file COVPAGE {9BC581E8-45C7-4812-A7C9-EED358F121FE}.rpt: Invalid export DLL or export format.". I am able to export the report to other file formats (PDF, Word, etc.) but cannot export to Excel.

This problem was reported under a different thread in this forum (MessageId 5920977) originally but I was asked to start a new thread on it.

I have a simple VB.NET program (VB 2005) that has a single form with a CrystalReportViewer control on it. I open an existing report in the Form_Load event and attach it to the viewer. From the UI, I select the export icon on the toolbar and select an appropriate directory and file name. I select "Microsoft Excel (97-2003) (*.xls)" in the "Save as type" combo box and press the "Save" button. This causes a message box to appear with the above error displayed.

The report is very small and only processes a single record from the database.

A suggestion was made in the other thread that a reference was needed to ExportModeller. There was some discussion about adding the reference relating to the creation of an interop assembly but no good answers to this issue were given. Currently, my test application has references to the following:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine (v12.0.2000.0) loaded from C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\dotnet2\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.Framework (v12.0.1100.0 (loaded from GAC)

CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.InfoStore (v12.0.1100.0) (loaded from GAC)

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource (v12.0.2000.0) (loaded from GAC)

CrystalDecisions.Shared (v12.0.2000.0) (loaded from GAC)

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms v12.0.2000.0) loaded from C:\Program Files\Business Objects\Common\4.0\managed\dotnet2\CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.DLL

...various .NET framework dlls - all version 2.0.0.0...

The following is the code from my test application (with changes to ids/passwords, etc).

Private m_Report As ReportDocument

Private Sub Form1_FormClosing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosingEventArgs) Handles Me.FormClosing

If m_Report IsNot Nothing Then

m_Report.Close()

m_Report.Dispose()

m_Report = Nothing

End If

End Sub

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load

m_Report = New ReportDocument

With m_Report

.Load("C:\Relius\Admin\V14.0\Reports\COVPAGE.RPT", _

CrystalDecisions.Shared.OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByDefault)

Dim CI As New CrystalDecisions.Shared.ConnectionInfo

With CI

.ServerName = "OracleDatabase"

.DatabaseName = ""

.UserID = MyUserId"

.Password = "****"

End With

For Each Tbl As Table In m_Report.Database.Tables

Dim LI As CrystalDecisions.Shared.TableLogOnInfo

LI = Tbl.LogOnInfo

LI.ConnectionInfo = CI

Tbl.ApplyLogOnInfo(LI)

Next

.RecordSelectionFormula = "{RPTPLAN.ADMINID} = 1 AND {RPTPLAN.PLANID} = 'MYPLANID'"

'.VerifyDatabase()

End With

Me.crvViewer.ReportSource = m_Report

End Sub

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question