cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Formatting Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

First off, let me say that I am definitely a Crystal novice and I'm sure the answer to this question is above my head but if someone can guide me in the right direction, I'm pretty sure I can figure it out.

OK, I have a report that contains a cross-tab. The column contains the date grouped by month. There are 3 fields in the rows and a field called Assignment.ActualTime in the summarized field.

I would like to setup an advanced conditional formatting syntax for the Summarized field. I would like for the background of each cell of Assignment.ActualTime to turn RED if the increase from the previous month is greater than 20%.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kindly,

Dean Schmaus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

As per your query:

"In Crystal Reports (CR), is it possible to conditionally format a field based on the values of another field within a cross-tab report?"

I can provide you the following information:

--> It is not possible to conditionally format a field based on the value of another field in the cross-tab report.

For example, you are attempting to conditionally format the color of one cross-tab summary field based on the value of another summary field.

The cross-tab field can only be conditionally formatted based on the current field values.

Background Information

-

By design, a cross-tab report displays summary values that correspond to specific row and column values only. The values for one summarized field are not accessible to other summarized fields for use in conditional formatting formulas due to the evaluation time of the summaries.

NOTE:

It is possible for fields in a cross-tab report to be conditionally formatted based on the current field values only.

Regards,

Alpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

But what if someone gets the summary in the footer,

places the crosstab in a footer below that, and passes the

result to the crosstab via a fomula (shared variable) ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dean

Right click on the summary field (both for row and column summary) of the cross tab -> Font tab -> Click on X-2(opens the formula editor) and apply a formula.

For example, i have a cross tab with order date as column, country as row and last year sales as summary.

I apply the below formula

if (customer.last year's sales) > previous (customer. last year sales) then crred

else crblue;

If you require to include a certain percentage, try declaring a variable which would store the value for comparision. See if it works.

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Sourashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Sourashree, but I am actually trying to do the formatting on the detail and not the summary. My report has, for example, 12 months. If one month increase more than 20% from the previous month I would like the background to turn red.