Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is a flat file in the application server containing some fields of header and the item of the sale order.

Ex:

VBELN, PO number, PO order type, Completed Delivery indicator at header level.

Vbeln, posnr, sales type, Partial delivery indicator at item level.

I try to change PO number, PO order type at header level and Sales type and partial delivery indicator at the item level.

I did the recording process and executed the program for SO change.

The entries of flat file are settled in proper fields in the screen, but when i prress ok code to move to next screen, the values is changed back to the old value.

So the new entries is not saved in the field.

And i do checked it that, the recording process is working for the sale order with single line item, since recording is done with single line item sale order.

How can i pass entries to the order with multiple line items?

I tried with a recording consisting of maximum number of line items, but still its not working.

Can anyone tell me the logic for doing changes in sale order entries of header and item, for mulitple line items through recording?

Points for useful suggestions.

Edited by: kumar t on Sep 15, 2008 3:32 PM

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Enjoy transactions it is difficult to handle the BDC. BAPI is netter option.

You have to handle this by using BDC TABLE CONTROL.

In the recording itself index will be generated for each line in the line item.

By handling that index in your program you can pass values for multiple line items.

goto this thread.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I found the solution by looping the header internal table first, then looping the item internal table with a where condition.

While recording , i presses the pop up button for the item number, then the particualr item number come to top.

so, inside the loop, i passed the work area of the header and the item, and the entries of fields are changed in the SO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

1. While recording select no batch input checkbox and start recording...

2. Mention the line item by selecting position bottom in bottom and recording the same to updae multiple line items...

Hope this will help u...

Regs,

Sathish