cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Adapter Fundamentals:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

is this a hard and fast rule, when ever I am seeking for a Idoc to Mail senerio, the messege mapping should hav a .xsd import from EXTERNAL DEFINITIONS.

I mean to say , can I not create ordinary, data types, messege types and assign the same Messege Interfacess

Pls comment !

Arnab

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create ordinary, data types, messege types and assign the same Messege Interfaces.

Here is scenario IDoc to File:

You could do your scenario like this (with a message mapping instead) and a Mail Adapter.

The configuration of the Mail Adapter is described here:

/people/prasad.ulagappan2/blog/2005/06/07/mail-adapter-scenarios-150-sap-exchange-infrastructure

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/6b/4493404f673028e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> can I create ordinary, data types, messege types and assign the same Messege Interfacess

YES

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Idoc no message type or external definition is required. we just have to import Idoc in IR thats it.

For receiver mail adapter, you can create Data type, reuse existing ED if it is available.

thanks

farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can create ordinary data types, messege types and assign to the Messege Interfacess.

If you are saying about IDoc then For Idocs there is no data types or message types or external definitions is required. we connect to R/3 and just import the Idoc.

Suppose it(data type) is already created in some where then they will send that .XSD file, so we import that file in the External Definition section and use it.