cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule process chain to run once a week AND every first day of the month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to schedule my process chain to run once a week AND every first day of the month. It's no problem to schedule it to run once a week, but I'm not sure how I can also schedule it to run every first day of the month.

Any suggestions?

BR,

Linda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

a bit more elaborate than Jorge, but the same solution:

- Set the start process of your process chain to "Start Using Meta chain or API"

- Create two Metachains, one which starts every week, and one which starts on the first of each month. Let each call your process chain.

- Be carefull to schedule the chains, so that they do not start at the same time, because if a first of month is the same as the day of week of the other chain, the second call may cancel out the first with unpredictable results.

If you want to be more flexible in your handling, you can also change the start process to "After event" and define an event. Don't forget to set the "periodic job" Flag. Then you can use an external scheduler which can handle "once per week and every first of month" (if you have one available) to trigger this process chain by raising the event. This even works from remote. You just have to create a program which does the RFC call to a procedure in BI/BW which triggers the event.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to both Jorge and Jürgen! Your answers helped me!

Points awarded.

BR,

Linda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create two new chains that only include an start process and your previous chain, then define this previous chain to run immediate. Now, schedule one new chain to run once a week and schedule the other new chain to run first day of the month.