Did you mean: 

Books: Web Programming with the SAP Web AS

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Web Programming with the SAP Web Application Server",

by Frederic Heinemann, Christian Rau.

Anyone familiar with this book???

What version of WAS does ot cover??

Did you find it excellent/good/so so/???

Was it worth the money???

Is there something else out there that is better??

The following offer is made to purchasers of the book at Amazon,

"PLUS -- Order now and receive a coupon for your FREE copy of the Complete SAP Web AS Release 6.20 test version (on 2 CDs), which will be delivered to you at no extra cost!"

Which makes me think it was written pre r6.20!! and we are up to r6.40 already.

Is it worth waiting for next version!!

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

i don't know this book, but it seems that it describes WAS 6.20 . There were so many (and still ongoing) changes concerning WAS versions 6.20 and above that it might be better to wait for revised versions or more up-to-date literature to be published.

Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I bought this book and estimate it very instructive for professionals who did not have experience with SAP ABAP before.

Since there are no essential changes from 6.20 to 6.40 reported I consider this book up-to-date. It is my reference for ABAP SAP R/3.

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It depends a bit on what your are looking for. I guess it's good for starters in order to have an overview. It lacks some depthness and good examples and is sometimes a just a copy of help.sap.com

But it will not learn beginners how to write good BSPs either (if they can write BSPs at all after reading the book).

It tries to cover (a lot of) stuff, but when one tries to go further, the book stops.

It leaves you with a "I need some extra consultants"-feeling

A thicker book with good examples and detailed info would be better for advanced users.

Eddy