cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP vs Web Dynpro for e-recruitment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to implement e-recruitment in organisation. Could anyone explain me about the Advantages and Dis-Advantages of using BSP's vs Web-Dynpro for E-recruitment. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot,

Kind Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather than look at it from advantages and disadvantages I would say look at SAP's release strategies. Each one has advantages over another. They are moving towards having most of the applications in WebDynpro 4 ABAP rather than BSP.

For E-Recruiting all new functionality and enhancements are being done to WebDynpro for all the candidate interfaces - not BSP anymore. I suggest you go directly for EHP3 as it is almost stable now and EHP4 will be coming any time soon. In my implementation we have done a lot of BSP customizing to meet the user requirements but some of the functionality is now standard in EHP3 with WebDynpro.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In general, it is advisable to use webdynpro instead of BSPs. You have advantage of saving development time in the WebDynpros.

GrahamRobbo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Boy - them's fighting words.

I suggest you do a search for this subject in both the forum and the Wiki. There have been lots of discussions about the relative merits of each of these technologies, and some others as well.

Cheers

Graham Robbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

In addition to what others have said let me point out the mainn difference in using BSP or WebDynpro for SAP eRecruiting. Currently SAP eRecruiting Product is not completely available on WebDynpro. Only some of the functionalities are on WebDynpro. Whereas in case of BSP, you have the entire product. This might be a bit cumbersome considering the fact that you will have to maintain configuration settings for both BSP & WebDynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal

In addition to what others have said let me point out the mainn difference in using BSP or WebDynpro for SAP eRecruiting. Currently SAP eRecruiting Product is not completely available on WebDynpro. Only some of the functionalities are on WebDynpro. Whereas in case of BSP, you have the entire product. This might be a bit cumbersome considering the fact that you will have to maintain configuration settings for both BSP & WebDynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

As Graham said., these are the fighting words...

But, in my point.. we have implemented the Erec in a client through the BSP applications.

We have not faced any problem and also Erec has thier own Standard applications built on BSP.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards,

Gokul.N