cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Crystal reports deisgner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have downloaded Crystal reports from SDN(provided Link) and i installed it to our server. But the Crystal Designer is not working. The installation guide says "C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\AddOns\SAP_CR\Resources\CrystalDesignerPath.txt" to launch designer, in that .TXT file it says to go C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\crw32.exe. But I could't able to find the specified file.

Now the question is,

What would be the problem? How can I salve this issue?

Plz provide me a solution ASAP

Thanks in Advance

By

Kalai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalai

If you downloaded in the last week or so, you probably have the 29MB version 2.0.0 download (previously 894MB if I remember correctly). Check your download file size to confirm. If so, the latest download does not include a full evaluation copy of Crystal Reports 2008. Go to the Business Objects website and download the evaluation copy from there and install. Then go to the download folder for the Crystal Reports Add-on and choose the following file: \SAP_CRYSTAL_ADDON_RUNTIME\Crystal_2008_Runtime_exe. Run this file and try again. It should work.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct. Now am trying to download from Businessobjects site. Here the total size is 350MB. Is it correct version or I have to download some other? because U said it was 894MB.

Thanks

Kalai

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalai

Just figured it out. The Crystal Reports Add-on is available separate from the Crystal Reports 2008 Basic for SAP Business One. You can now download Crystal Reports 2008 basic from the Partner Portal under Installations. I have a feeling that this is the same one available form Business Objects website as it is also around 350MB.

Kind regards

Peter Juby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter

I have downloaded from SAP Channel partner portal. Business objects site also0 providing the same but it is 30 days evaluation one. where as in SAP Channel partner portal it is free.

Now am trying to Compose the report.

Thanks alot for ur reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalai

The 894MB one includes the SAP add-on and documentation. The one from Business Objects is just Crystal Reports Installation. You will use this along with the other one you downloaded from SAP. I don't know if SAP or anyone else has realized the error with the link to the download on the SAP portal yet?

Kind regards

Peter Juby