Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

split message!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My scenario is IDoc to File.

the requirement is for each line item in Idoc i have to create a single file.

suppose 10 line items are coming in the Idoc(10 segment)..then i have to create 10 files....

can anyone tell me how to do that??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i solvet it by... changing the occurence of the message type from 1(by defaul it will be)to 1........unbounded..and also in ID by doing enhance interface determination.

so it will create a message for each segment...

thanks all

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

This can be done without BPM using 1:N mapping and using enhanced interface determination.Make your target structure as 0...unbounded. Now use the source node which is occuring N times to the target side Root node.

Thanks and Regards,

Sanjeev.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SplitByValue function:

Field (with change context) ==> SplitByValue[Each] ===> Source

Remember to change the output occurence in the "message" tab on the message mapping to 0.unbounded, then you can generate a message for every context of that segment/value

Regards,

former_member189441
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can possible by using Multi-Mapping with out BPM.Select number of Messages in Message Tab in the Mapping Editor.and use Enhanced interface Determination in Interface Determination in ID

this Blog can give u clear picture of Multi mapping with out BPM

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any feature in file adapter for splitting the mesages..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi check this option...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/95/bb623c6369f454e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

file.writeMode=addCounter

In mode addCounter the system generates a new file for each document. The file name comprises the name specified in file.targetFilename, extended by one counter that is added before the file name extension (for example, default002.file). The counter is constructed from the subsequent specifications.

The mode addCounter guarantees that no data is overwritten. If necessary, the system finds the next free counter from which it can construct a new file name.

In mode addCounter the exact format of the file name can be controlled using the following parameters; each parameter has a default setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Try this weblogs:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No need BPM make scenario according to ur requirement, at receiver end make occurance 1..1. It will generate each line as one file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nallam,

if i do this.. only 1 message will be created..........suppose 3 line ites coming in Idoc .. then only only file will be cretaed with 1st line item...

and i cant use multimapping since.. number of line items are not constant and target mesage structure is same....

is there any other way...

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible by using BPM. Try this blog..

Regards,

Vivek LR

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it possible withut BPM..........