Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Reco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

Hi

I have one queary for Bank reco done manually

In one company code 2 house bank are defined & when we run ff67 for 2nd bank where (in screen of ff67 it shows proper house bank a/c no.) but at the time of processing batch it post entry in 1st house bank i.e.usual bank in use (for clearing entry at the time of processing we can change clearing bank by choose open item but it wonu2019t allow to change house bank)

What setting is required for automatic posting(at the time of batch processing) to proper house bank?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply.In account symbol only one(1st) bank was assigned ,now i have created new account symbol & assign gl to it , but at the time of assigning posting rule it ask for new posting key

is this so that i have to create new postiing key for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you GL accounts for Banks structured? If they are following a specific pattern, you can usually use the same account symbol and posting rule. See example below.

If however, the GL accounts are not following a specific pattern, you will have to create a new account symbol and Posting rule for each Bank.

Example:

Usually there is a specific way in which GL accounts for Bank accounts and sub accounts are created. Example: Master bank account Gl ends with '00'. 'Checks in' sub account ends in '01'. 'Wires In' sub account ends in '02' and so on.

So if bank 1 has GL 122800, 122801, 122801 etc. and Bank 2 has GL 135300, 135301, 135302.

In such a case it is easy to assign GL accounts to account symbols. The actual account numbers are not assigned but are attached as masked entries . Example:- Master account symbol = T4 = ++++00. This can then be used for both Bank 1 and Bank 2. Also the same Posting rule can then be used for both Banks.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Uma

My 2nd House bank A/c ends with 10 so i am creating new posting rule

Thanks a lot again my doubt is clear now

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following configurations:

1. GL account for Both Bank accounts should be different in T-code FI12

2. Check the settings especially the Posting Rules in following IMG path. It could be that you have defined same GL accounts/clearing accounts for both House Banks in the Posting rules. Check accounts assigned to account symbols for both Banks for the Posting rule of the Transaction giving wrong postings.

FA-> Bank Accounts->Business Transactions->Payment Transactions->Manual Bank Statement ->

-

>Create & Assign Business Transactions

-

> Define Posting Keys and Posting Rules for Manual Bank Statement

Hope this helps and please let me know.

Thanks,

Uma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check the second bank GL account in FS00. It should contain the second house bank in there.

2. Go into SPRO, follow the path Financial Accounting -> Bank Accounting -> Business Transactions -> Check Deposit -> Define Posting Keys and Posting Rules for Check Deposit.

Check that the rules are defined properly and the correct accounts have been defined.

Cheers..