cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a protal service and I am unable to see that under service configurations ->applications. But when i include the following lines of code in the deployment descriptor I am able to see that . Can any one explain me the below two lines :

<service-profile>

<property name="filename" value="new"/>

<property name="SystemAlias" value="Default_System_Alias"/>

</service-profile>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

The service-profile section contains properties that make up the profile of the portal service. The profile is accessible from the com.sap.portal.prt.service.IServiceProfile interface at runtime. In contrast to the service config, the properties of the service profile may be modified by administrative environments and is available at next start of the service.There are no predefined service profile properties.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gourav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

It's not WHAT you added to the service profile, but just the fact that you added ANYTHING that made it visible in the service configurations. I don't know the specifics, but at the Portal Development course I made a note regarding this.

If your service doesn't have anything in the service profile you will NOT be able to see it in the system administration in the portal...

Hope that answers your question (indirectly).

Cheers,

Hermann