cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missed authorizations for ess personal id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured ESS. I can see all the services..except Personal id under personal information.

kindly let me know what role should i assign to get this view.

i assigned composite role to the end user. even though i m not getting...

thanks in advance

renu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

any update on this......

srinivas_sistu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you map the user(ESS User) to any employee in R3 ???

Regards,

Srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, i did it. i can able to access other ess service... only for personal id(persoanl Information) i m getting belwo error...

Critical Error

A critical error has occured. Processing of the service had to be terminated. Unsaved data has been lost.

Please contact your system administrator.

You have no authorization to display

com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.FPMRuntimeException: You have no authorization to display

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.MessageManager.raiseException(MessageManager.java:112)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.java.MessageManager.raiseException(MessageManager.java:122)

at com.sap.xss.per.helpers.MessageHelper.raiseException(MessageHelper.java:43)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.fc.FcPerPidIN.readRecord(FcPerPidIN.java:269)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.fc.wdp.InternalFcPerPidIN.readRecord(InternalFcPerPidIN.java:535)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.fc.FcPerPidINInterface.readRecord(FcPerPidINInterface.java:146)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.fc.wdp.InternalFcPerPidINInterface.readRecord(InternalFcPerPidINInterface.java:197)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.fc.wdp.InternalFcPerPidINInterface$External.readRecord(InternalFcPerPidINInterface.java:273)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.overview.VcPerPidINOverview.onBeforeOutput(VcPerPidINOverview.java:257)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.overview.wdp.InternalVcPerPidINOverview.onBeforeOutput(InternalVcPerPidINOverview.java:243)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.overview.VcPerPidINOverviewInterface.onBeforeOutput(VcPerPidINOverviewInterface.java:134)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.overview.wdp.InternalVcPerPidINOverviewInterface.onBeforeOutput(InternalVcPerPidINOverviewInterface.java:132)

at com.sap.xss.hr.per.in.pid.overview.wdp.InternalVcPerPidINOverviewInterface$External.onBeforeOutput(InternalVcPerPidINOverviewInterface.java:208)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.FPMComponent.callOnBeforeOutput(FPMComponent.java:603)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.FPMComponent.doProcessEvent(FPMComponent.java:569)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.FPMComponent.doEventLoop(FPMComponent.java:438)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.FPMComponent.wdDoInit(FPMComponent.java:196)

at com.sap.pcuigp.xssfpm.wd.wdp.InternalFPMComponent.wdDoInit(InternalFPMComponent.java:110)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.generation.DelegatingComponent.doInit(DelegatingComponent.java:108)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.initController(Controller.java:215)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.progmodel.controller.Controller.init(Controller.java:200)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientComponent.init(ClientComponent.java:430)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.ClientApplication.init(ClientApplication.java:362)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.initApplication(ApplicationSession.java:756)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ApplicationSession.doProcessing(ApplicationSession.java:291)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessingPortal(ClientSession.java:733)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doApplicationProcessing(ClientSession.java:668)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.ClientSession.doProcessing(ClientSession.java:250)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:149)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.core.ApplicationHandle.doProcessing(ApplicationHandle.java:73)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.portal.pb.impl.AbstractApplicationProxy.sendDataAndProcessActionInternal(AbstractApplicationProxy.java:860)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.portal.pb.impl.AbstractApplicationProxy.create(AbstractApplicationProxy.java:220)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder.updateApplications(PageBuilder.java:1288)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder.SendDataAndProcessAction(PageBuilder.java:326)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder$1.doPhase(PageBuilder.java:868)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renushree,

Checkout the below post if it helps.

1) Not able to see Personal Information service on ESS

From your error message its a authorization issue (no authorization to display) and not portal. Normally the backend Roles mentioned above for ESS deployment should be sufficient for the users to execute his/her personal Info. Best way to troubleshoot is ask the user to log into the backend, execute the transaction and produce a SU53 to be given to your SAP security team to check and assign the necessary authorisation to the user. Maybe those ESS roles are not maintained properly or missing authorisation object values (ask your SAP security team to check the authorisation objects and that they are all green).

P.S: I presume that you have the correct infotype setup.

Hope that helps and award points for helpful suggestions.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renu,

Try giving end user permissions to your user in the srvconfig folder under content provided by sap.It might help.

Regards,

Gourav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I gav full control...even though i didnt get....

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renushree,

Portal is basically what the user can see. What they can do is still maintain at the backend system.

After you have deplyed ESS BP, you will find the ESSIviews, Pages, Worksets and roles in the PCD.You can build your own iviews and pages (base on copies from SAP ESS standard iviews) via assign the roles to your end users. This will aloow them on what they cansee from the Portal for ESS.

Now, what they can do/execute on ESS, depends on the authorisations to execute those function in the backend system.

ESS backend are normally to assign SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP role to employee which is composite role, which contain following roles:

SAP_BC_EMPLOYEE

SAP_BC_ENDUSER

SAP_ESSUSER_ERP

SAP_HR_EMPLOYEE_DE_ERP

SAP_HR_EMPLOYEE_US_ERP

SAP_HR_PA_XF_EXPERT

You can duplicate or maintain the authorization objects for the above mentioned roles (base on what you want them to execute) using PFCG, generate the profiles, assign users and complete the user compare.

Make sure also that in the backend system, you have the necessary HR setup for the user. If the user have a different userID between Portal and backend, do user mapping in the Portal personalization.

Please find below a fantastic guid for configuring ESS mySAP ERP 2005

http://www.appsconsulting.co.za/SAP_PDF/BP_ESS_672_EN_2005.pdf

Hope that helps and award points for helpful suggestions.

Ray