Did you mean: 

Return PO process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need help with a PO return process.

Consider the following scenario.

I created PR with qty 100 PC.

Then created PO based on the PR, the qty in the PO is 100 PC (cannot order more than the PR qty).

Then MIGO to receive the goods.

And finally Invoice verification.

Later on I found that the 30 PC of goods were damaged.

I create a new PO as such:

Line 10 return of 30 PC

Line 20 order 30 PC.

My question, is there a way to create line 20 with reference to the original PR (keep in mind that the full amount of the PR was fulfilled in the original PO)

Since the original PR 100 PC and now I returned 30 PC I would like to be able lo link the new line to the PR and order the remaining 30 PC.

Is this possible?

Can you advise of an alterative process?

Thanks,

Dave

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Send back the rejected 30 numbers to vendor and ask him to replace.

using MIGO against the PO with movt 122.

This will have an exactly reverse effect to that of original goods receipt i.e. material stock will be reduced from the Inventory.

A material document & an accounting document will be created in the system.

ask them to deliver again 30 good pcs

and then make a GR against same PO #movt 101..

pl. try this.

thanks

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can also return via MIGO.

choose "return delivery", in field "Material document" you enter the GR number (where you received the 10PC). Then you indicate how much you want to return. if you post, a GI will be posted (you can see it in the PO history) and the qty is open again.

You can receive the open qty in your original PO via another GR.

Regards,

Sofia

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

As you said that you have done GR for the PO...then if you return 30 mtrls then wht you'll do with all the GR for those 30 mtrls...

so wht i suggest is this that you shd scrap the material from the MIRO tcode...so that you will not be req. to pay to vendor for the same , and also there is no need to make the another PO...Also you will have all the data reg the scrap material...so that next time you can choose the best vendor for your requirement...

Hope it helps.

regards

Priyanka.P

AWARD IF HELPFULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If possible add line item 20 in original PR for qty 30 and make PO with ref to original PR.

Please revert back

regards

suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can add a line to the original PR but then the PR is once again subject to release strategy, I'm looking to avoid this.

Thanks,

Lennie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is thr any requirement that the GRN has to be done for Damaged material ie of 30 qty , can v directly reject it at GRn level ???

If tht is pos then thr is no requirement of a PO

Kindly revert if this is not the case .

Thanks