cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP vs Web Dynpro for e-recruitment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to implement e-recruitment in organisation. Could anyone explain me about the Advantages and Dis-Advantages of using BSP's vs Web-Dynpro for E-recruitment. I would appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot,

Kind Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The section What is the difference between Webdynpro and BSP? in the following blog gives you an insight into technical difference between BSP and Webdynpro, and what advantage one holds over the other.

http://www.sapnxt.co.nr/2008/11/webdynpro-for-java.html

Regards,

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopal,

I am no expert on WDA but will try to answer your questions.

I will start by answering your third question first.No, you cannot have eRecruiting screens in webdynpro Java. It is available only in Webdynpro ABAP or BSP.

To answer your first and second questions,

eRecruiting can be integrated with ESS and MSS only for the internal candidate role(ESS) and manager role(MSS).

Firstly, you need to take into account other roles like external candidate,recruiter etc. How are you hadling the functions for these roles.

The recruiting functionality for internal candidate is available as a service in enhancement package 3 in ESS.You need to configure this to point to the eRecruiting server.I assume that you have taken care of this for BSP.

I think it should not matter if the eRecruiting screens are in WDA,If it is configured properly to point to the URLs for the webdynpro application. They are anyway displayed as iviews in ESS(which is in WDJ).Through ESS, you are only making a call to the eRecruiting screens using the relevant URLs.

I would suggest that you try to configure the WDA application for candidate profile in ESS & see if this works through ESS. If it does then you should not have a problem with the other links in ESS.

As far as i am aware, MSS pages or the Recruitment workset in MSS is not dependent on the eRecruiting pages as such.So,it should not matter in MSS.

Regarding the decision to stay with BSP or WDA, it is your call. As i said in the prev post,please remember that WDA screens are not avialable for all roles as of now. Part of the screens are still given only in BSP.

So,if you go ahead with WDA, it will still be a combination of WDA & BSP.

I think SAP is also giving an option to move from BSP to WDA.I am not very sure of this.

Hope this info is of some help to you.

Regards,

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Thanks a lot for your Reply. That was very very helpful answer. I appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopal,

If your requirement is to do a lot of customizations in the field & they are complex in nature & cannot be handled through the flexibilization option in the IMG , then i think it is better to go for WDA. The UIs are easier to do.

But please remember that as of now only a few applications of eRecruiting is supported in WDA. The rest all are still in BSP.

For Exanple: The recruiter screens are still in BSP. So, any changes to this will have to be done in BSP only. You can ofcourse craete some custom WDA pages & integrate them with the standard BSP pages.

Also keep in mind the data binding activities that may have to be done for the new fields or custom components developed in WDA.

Regards,

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Thanks a lot for your reply. In our company, we have not gone live with E-recruitment. We are still in development stage. As you have mentioned before in your posting that, SAP trying to change everything into WD ABAP in their coming enhancement package 4

1) So, if we are trying to implement E-recruitment using WDA, will that make anything complex on the ESS and MSS while integration (Because, at the moment we are using Web Dynpro Java on the portal for ESS and MSS).

2) We are worried about the integration issues, if we are using WDA for E-recruitment and WD Java for the whole MSS and ESS. Will there any compatability issues?

3) Can we use Web Dynpro Java for E-recruitment instead of Web Dynpro ABAP?

Please give me a clear explanation. I look forward for your reply.

I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gopal,

There are quite a few threads referring to your question. Please look for more detailed explanations.

In short:

BSP screens are the more tried & tested eRecruiting screens & it is available for all the eRecruiting roles right now.

Webdynpro are the newer screens based on the preferred technology for now which is 'webdynpro'.

To use WDA, you should have eRecruiting 600 with SP 10 onwards.

As of now in enhancement package 3, only the Internal employee & external employee screens are in WDA. The rest are still in BSP.SAP is giving & will be giving a lot of options for WDA which will not be available for BSP in further releases.

I think teh WDA screens for all the roles will be available with enhancement package 4.

Regards,

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I was trying to find out relevant threads here in SDN. But was not able to find any threads relevant to this. If you dont mind could you just post the links to those threads. That would be a great help for me.

I would like to ask your suggestion about our business scenario as well. In our system, we have already configured E-recruitment with BSP's. But now we are trying to make lot of changes to various field. It seems like, making changes to the fields will become a big mess-up. So, we are trying to look at WebDynpro and shift entirely on to Web Dynpro if it has got good advantages with regards to our business requirement.

Please let me know, if you did not understand our requirements. I will try to make it more elaborative.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

I have checked all the links and none of them give the advantages and dis-advantages of using BSP and Web Dynpro. If possible, could you post the adv and dis-adv of both in your own words. Thanks a lot for your reply.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.