cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

release stretegy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I had created new release strategy and with all details required ..i mean class and characteristic.

and deleted all other codes and release groups.

but when i am creating po it's not showing any blockage though i simulated it correctly. and po is satisfying the block criterial..

and NOTE ...though i deleted all other release gr and other data..still it was showing the block due to old rel strategy and then i again created with same old data and created and deleted the data properly.

Regards,

Vimlesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the characterstic value assignment in CL24N .

If you have straightaway deleted the release codes and groups from spro, then recraete them.

After restoring them goto Cl24N or CL20N and delete the value then delete the release startegy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply

I created the rel Gr and then deleted the lines for class FRG_EKKO and then del the rel gr.

but still POs not getting blocked.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not clear with question

to block items in po select it and click block button i.e. a lock icon below item

regards

kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

About setting in release strategy at my end every thing is messed up.

I need to delete all the data about release stretegy and gr and all ...and start with new definations.

but i am not able to apply the release strategy what i created after cleaning all the data.

should i clean all the data one againg and start refresh or if i am missing something with deleting or creating very new strategy .

Regars,

Vimlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its best to clean up data

Remember:

Always delete value assignment from characterstics by CL24N first and then delete release startegy from the config

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have deleted all the data regarding to release strategy ..like rel stategy , rel indicator , rel gr and then made a fresh confi...but still the PO is not getting blocked.

is there any other simulation program so i can know where the hell going wrong.

Regards,

Vimlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check bellow mention detail and go in this direction.

SPRO -> Material Management -> Purchasing -> Purchase Order -> Release Procedure for Purchase Orders.

Three steps involved in release process of purchase order.

1) Edit Characteristic: -

Create characteristic for release purchase order. If you want to release purchase order on purchasing group base. So you can create characteristic for purchasing group. Take reference of CEKKO structure and BKGRP field for purchasing group in additional data of characteristic. E.g: - Purchasing group - BKGRP

2) Edit Class: -

After creation of characteristic, create class for release purchase order. In which you can take reference of

Class Type: - 032,

Class group: - Release strategy class,

And put reference of your characteristic, which are created by you in first step.

E.g.: - Class - REL_PO

3) Define Release Procedure of purchase order: -

In this step four processes involved.

1) Release Groups

2) Release Codes

3) Release indicator

4) Release Strategies

1) Release Group: - In which you can define release strategy group

For Ex.: - Release group: - 01,Release object: - 01, Class: - REL_PO.

2) Release code: - In which you can define release code. Enter value as

Release group: - 01,release code: -01 - Purchase Head,

Release group: -01, release code: - 02 - Auditor.

3) Release indicator: - In this step you have to define release indicator.

Like X - Blocked, I - Under process, S - Release.

4) Release Strategy: - This is the final step for release strategy.

Assign release code 01, 02.

Click on release prerequisites, select 02 - check box and click on continue.

Click on release status button, enter release indicator X, I, S and click continue

Click on classification button, Enter values of purchasing group for which you want to created release strategy.

Then create new purchase order and try to release it with ME29N and for multiple purchase order use ME28

Regards,

Mahesh Wagh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

By any chance are you using multiple plants

can you pl. let me the criteria you have selected.

characterstics , etc.,

thanks

prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

my criteria/characteristic is purchasing group