cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip entering the synchronization password

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any way how to skip entering the sync password in every synchronization? This synchronization password is the same as the password used to login to MI client.

Thank you.

Regards,

Marek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi marek...

Parameters for the Synchronization Password

You use the parameter MobileEngine.Security.SynchronizationPasswordHandlingOption to determine how the synchronization password is handled. Possible values are:

1·atSync

– Synchronization password does not correspond to the local logon password and must be entered for each synchronization (default value).

2·local

– Synchronization password corresponds to the local logon password and need not be entered at synchronization.
You cannot use the setting local together with the bypass option (MobileEngine.Security.BypassLocalLogonPassword=true).

3·once

– Synchronization password does not correspond to the local logon password and must be entered once for each logon.

The synchronization option Timed Sync is not possible in combination with the setting atSync. It is only possible with the setting once after the end user has entered the synchronization password once, for example, from the user settings. With the setting local, the synchronization option Timed Sync can be used without restrictions.

The SAP MI Client Component does not store the synchronization password for the settings atSync and once. Instead, the user must enter it for each synchronization or once per logon, depending on the setting.

The end user must manually synchronize the user ID and synchronization password on the mobile device with the settings used on the server. If multiple users are using the same mobile device, they all need their own user IDs and must keep the ID and synchronization password synchronous with the settings used on the server.

The SAP MI Client Component distinguishes between uppercase and lowercase.

Regards,

Vijay.

Go thru this doc on

Bypassing Sync Password

Passwords in MI

Bypassing Passwords in MI[/url]

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Marek

Change the entry <b>MobileEngine.Sync.Passwd=</b>in your <i>MobileEngine.Config</i> file in your <i>Settings Directory</i>this should take care of the Sync settings. not only this but also other settings of your MI Client.

Read the configuration Document for further settings details.

Regards

ak