cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Budget is exceeding even when the Availability control is active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Some of our projects allowed cost assignments even when the budget is not sufficient.

I tried to reconstruct the availability control. The message says the "Availability Control already active."

We have a situation as below..

Overall budget - 30,000/-

Overall Commitments - 10,000/-

Overall Actual Costs - 22,000/-

Available Budget - (2,000/-) negative value.

What could be the reasons for such situation?? Iam unable to simulate this in test server..

How to resolve this..

thank you

KAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Encountered this problem too.

We allocated budget to WBS (with currency = USD), based on transaction currency eg. USD.

Then, put in our own checks (user exits) to check availability in transaction currency(eg. USD).

So we minimised the fluctuation of the exchanges rates at the different stages (GR, IV etc).

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi KAP,

Instead of giving ++++ for all the transactions in the tolerance limit, give separate line item for each and every transaction.

This will not solve your problem. But just give a try and this does not costs you anything.

Sometimes SAP acts wierd.

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinivasan,

I have tried this already. There was no change.

Now i have some more info which can potentially provide some clues.

After checking the projects which had this over run with available budget negative, we observed some of the projects were having POs both in USD and INR.

Is the exchange rate covered under availability control??

Maybe the PO was created using USD @ some rate and the GR/IR at different rate.. Can this happen??

And what is Program Budget?? (Value Type 47) Does that have any impact on availability control??

regards

KAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also encountered the same thing,

It can happen that PO value has suppose exchange rate of 50.75 INR, whereas your GR has value of 68.15 INR, because of your current exchange rate.This increased your GR value more than PO and might be above your budget, which lead to available budget as Negative.

Now question is why AVAC didnt check while GR.

As a standard SAP Practice, AVAC will not check commitment against budget, while creation of GR.

Refer SAP Note: 46209.

If you want AVAC to check during GR, Implement SAP note- 696362.

Implement the note.

Thanks,

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out ur tolerance limits for Budget

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tolerence Limits is defined as error for 100% for all transactions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check in OPS9 in the availabilty control whether u deifned any usage limit.also in OPTK hv u defined exemption cost elements ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Thanks for the reply.

We are using Activation type 1 (during budget allocation). The usage is 0.00

We didnt define any exempted cost elements for availability control..

regards

KAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Even with active AVAC still u can assign the WBS to a value more than Budgetted amount ? If no then As per me somebody may deactivated AVAC thru CJBW and made the assignements during this budget will not be checked.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reconstruct AVAC through CJBN, should solve your purpose.

Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to view log details for who are all used the tc =cjbw with project wise or wbs .

Thanks.