cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading without reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I have an infopackage that loads directly from R3 into a cube (Data target Only).

I would like to know if its possible to run that ipak and load the data but not make it available for reporting.

Thanx in advance

Hong Kong Fuey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can achieve this,

goto manage of the Cube, select Environment menu and select Automatic Request Processing.

Uncheck the Set Quality Status to OK.

Now until u set the status to 'OK' the reuestwon't be available for Reporting.

REDDY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for all your replies.

I can confirm that we do not have any aggregates, and I am not in a position to create one on the production system.

REDDY, can you please confirm that any existing requests prior to unchecking the 'Set Quality Status to OK' would still be avaialable for reporting. ie. Only requests loaded after applying the setting are affected.

Regards

HKF

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u dont select that option, then all the requests in ur cube will be like Yellow status.. and it wont be available for reporting..

u can use that option as well.

When ever u want the report availability then u can use this option back..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Just to let you know that I have played with the environment setting and unticking it oes not affect affect existing requests. Only subsequent request remain at the yellow status.

When you want the requests to be reportable reset the setting to ticked and refresh the request list. The system displays a warning, choose the apply button and the request turns green.

Excellent solution.

Thanx

HKF

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If u have the aggregates in ur cube, in that case, after the load if u dont perform the rollup then the request wont available for the reporting..

Generally for the Cube the loading process takes care of the activation as well if there are no aggregates in it.. if the aggregates are there then u need to execute the rollup to get the data for the report availability..

Do let us know the actual requirement of urs??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is possible.

If you have aggregates created simply don't do the roll up of the data into the aggregates and that data won't be available.

If you don't have it you can after the loading is complete force the status of the request in the monitor of the InfoCube to red and the data will continue in the Cube but won't be ready for reporting. Whenever you fill like you can revert the status to the automatic status and the request will be then available for reporting.

Diogo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diogo,

very nice trick.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

P.S.: And HKF: any aggregate will do the job. Just create one if you don't have any. Make it simple and stupid, so the rollup would be easy.

Edited by: Jürgen Kirsch on Sep 15, 2008 1:10 PM