cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDM not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem here. I have an IDES server with NW05 here.

It is on Windows 2003 Enterprise

It was only ABAP. Then I installed Java ADD in with usage type PI. It was running ok.

But due to space and hardware problems, I had to shift the whole /usr folder and sub folders and files to another directory.

Then I had done lot of editing and changes. Now the server is up and running. Both ABAP and Java are running.

But SDM is not starting up.

It is giving the follwoing error in JVM_SDM.OUT file:-

Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/7.0009.20060817110748.0000

JStartupFramework is requesting to start the SDM Server.

Start the SDM Server integrated in the JStartupFramework.

Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Caught Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create instance of JStartupInitialFactory.

Additional error message is:

com.sap.sdm.util.classloaders.SDMClassLoaderException: Cannot create class loader for JStartup Framework.

com.sap.sdm.util.classloaders.SDMClassLoaderException: Cannot create class loader for component com.sap.sdm.is.jstartup.UTIL_JSTARTUP.

com.sap.sdm.util.classloaders.SDMClassLoaderException: Cannot create class loader instance: Jar file #1 cannot be read: F:\usr\sap\IDE\DVEBMGS00\exe\jstartupimpl.jar

at com.sap.sdm.jstartup.JStartupFactory.getInitialFactory(JStartupFactory.java:64)

at com.sap.sdm.jstartup.calls.impl.JStartupCallWrapperImpl.<init>(JStartupCallWrapperImpl.java:38)

at com.sap.sdm.jstartup.calls.impl.JStartupCallWrapperFactoryImpl.createCallWrapper(JStartupCallWrapperFactoryImpl.java:33)

at com.sap.sdm.client_server.launch.ServerLauncher.transferInfosToMessageServer(ServerLauncher.java:242)

at com.sap.sdm.client_server.launch.ServerLauncher.startServer(ServerLauncher.java:113)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.cmds.StartServer.startServer(StartServer.java:279)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.cmds.StartServer.execute(StartServer.java:105)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.SDMInitializer.execute(SDMInitializer.java:52)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.GlobalParamEvaluator.execute(GlobalParamEvaluator.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AbstractLibDirSetter.execute(AbstractLibDirSetter.java:46)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.NoExitPostProcessor.execute(NoExitPostProcessor.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.CommandNameLogger.execute(CommandNameLogger.java:49)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AdditionalLogFileSetter.execute(AdditionalLogFileSetter.java:65)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AbstractLogDirSetter.execute(AbstractLogDirSetter.java:54)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.ClientComponentInitializer.execute(ClientComponentInitializer.java:25)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.SyntaxChecker.execute(SyntaxChecker.java:37)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.Command.exec(Command.java:42)

at SDM.main(SDM.java:21)

at SDMInternal.main(SDMInternal.java:15)

Severe (internal) error. Return code: 16

In the above error, the part that is in bold an underlines(F:\usr\sap\IDE\DVEBMGS00\exe\jstartupimpl.jar), it is trying to access the files with the old path.

I have changed the SDM properties files too.

I have limitation that i cannot reinstall the SAP. So trying to make this work.

Kindly help me in this.

Thanks,

Tajinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to read this post

maybe it your situation ...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergo,

I changed the paths in sdmrepository.sdc file and it worked.

Thank you very much for your support.

I am closing the thread. I am happy to award you the points

Regards

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

even i faced the same problem.SDM not starting. could u tell me which path u hv changed?

Also in the thread linked above which says to place jstartupimpl.jar in j2ee folder. but there are so many jstartupimpl.jar in j2ee folder already.

could u please specify clearly?

thanks,

Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The path for sdmrepository.sdc file is /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/SDM/program/config.

Change the path in this file as mentioned in the thread.

Regards

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tajinder,

But already the path for <JStartup-root-dir> tag is /usr/sap/SRD/DVEBMGS01/exe in sdmrepository.sdc

Even i tried to j2ee also and tried but not working. so again changed back to exe itself.

Also my bootstrap is not able to synchronize with file system. It displays outof memory error in log_bootstrap file inside work dir.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Open a new thread and paste the log files there to analyse the error

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello-

I too did a similar exercies as Tajinder Pal Singh when I did a JAVA/BW Portal add-on to my existing ABAP stack BW 7.0 system and then EHP1 upgrade just recently, and needed to correct the DIR_EXECUTABLE to follow the new directory structure in SAP note 919046. SDM would not start and gave RC=16. I too had to make many path corrections in various places, and JAVA server and dispatcher would start, but not SDM. I saw your response to Tajinder Pal Singh and corrected the path in the SDM/config/sdmrepository.sdc file , and SDM startup is fixed. Many thanks to you.

-Roger Barbour

Answers (0)