Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

SDM not starting

Hi,

I have a problem here. I have an IDES server with NW05 here.

It is on Windows 2003 Enterprise

It was only ABAP. Then I installed Java ADD in with usage type PI. It was running ok.

But due to space and hardware problems, I had to shift the whole /usr folder and sub folders and files to another directory.

Then I had done lot of editing and changes. Now the server is up and running. Both ABAP and Java are running.

But SDM is not starting up.

It is giving the follwoing error in JVM_SDM.OUT file:-

Starting SDM - Software Deployment Manager...

tc/SL/SDM/SDM/sap.com/SAP AG/7.0009.20060817110748.0000

JStartupFramework is requesting to start the SDM Server.

Start the SDM Server integrated in the JStartupFramework.

Initializing Network Manager (50017)

Caught Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot create instance of JStartupInitialFactory.

Additional error message is:

com.sap.sdm.util.classloaders.SDMClassLoaderException: Cannot create class loader for JStartup Framework.

com.sap.sdm.util.classloaders.SDMClassLoaderException: Cannot create class loader for component com.sap.sdm.is.jstartup.UTIL_JSTARTUP.

com.sap.sdm.util.classloaders.SDMClassLoaderException: Cannot create class loader instance: Jar file #1 cannot be read: F:\usr\sap\IDE\DVEBMGS00\exe\jstartupimpl.jar

at com.sap.sdm.jstartup.JStartupFactory.getInitialFactory(JStartupFactory.java:64)

at com.sap.sdm.jstartup.calls.impl.JStartupCallWrapperImpl.<init>(JStartupCallWrapperImpl.java:38)

at com.sap.sdm.jstartup.calls.impl.JStartupCallWrapperFactoryImpl.createCallWrapper(JStartupCallWrapperFactoryImpl.java:33)

at com.sap.sdm.client_server.launch.ServerLauncher.transferInfosToMessageServer(ServerLauncher.java:242)

at com.sap.sdm.client_server.launch.ServerLauncher.startServer(ServerLauncher.java:113)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.cmds.StartServer.startServer(StartServer.java:279)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.cmds.StartServer.execute(StartServer.java:105)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.SDMInitializer.execute(SDMInitializer.java:52)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.GlobalParamEvaluator.execute(GlobalParamEvaluator.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AbstractLibDirSetter.execute(AbstractLibDirSetter.java:46)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.NoExitPostProcessor.execute(NoExitPostProcessor.java:60)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.CommandNameLogger.execute(CommandNameLogger.java:49)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AdditionalLogFileSetter.execute(AdditionalLogFileSetter.java:65)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.AbstractLogDirSetter.execute(AbstractLogDirSetter.java:54)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.ClientComponentInitializer.execute(ClientComponentInitializer.java:25)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.decorator.SyntaxChecker.execute(SyntaxChecker.java:37)

at com.sap.sdm.control.command.Command.exec(Command.java:42)

at SDM.main(SDM.java:21)

at SDMInternal.main(SDMInternal.java:15)

Severe (internal) error. Return code: 16

In the above error, the part that is in bold an underlines(F:\usr\sap\IDE\DVEBMGS00\exe\jstartupimpl.jar), it is trying to access the files with the old path.

I have changed the SDM properties files too.

I have limitation that i cannot reinstall the SAP. So trying to make this work.

Kindly help me in this.

Thanks,

Tajinder

Former Member
replied

Try to read this post SDM wont start - Cannot create class loader for JStartup Framework

maybe it your situation ...

Regards.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question