cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you heard of afs, sfd files?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I remember I deployed some afs, sfd files for EP6 before. I am not sure what they were.

Could you help explain what they are? Thanks a lot!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close the thread if it resolved

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashley

I have Never heard of these..sfs or afs..??

i know only:

EPA (Enterprise Portal Archives) files are since EP6 (files must be in directory on Portal server itself)

EAR (Enterprise Application Archive) - J2EE standard

SDA (Software Deployment Archive)

SCA (Software Component Archive) - Deployment on WebDynpro Application Server and JDI.

PAR (Portal Archive)

Still you can search in internet about them.

AFS

It is important to know that the network file system in use at the ICTP is the Andrew File System, AFS in short. It handles access permissions in a different, more flexible way than the standard UNIX system.

&

SFD: Spline Font Database

This is a font description file. It is a text file that can be read in any text editor. No changes should be made to the file or the described font will no longer display properly.

Thanks....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Ashley..

The .SDF file extension identifies MSN Local Machine Mail Storage files which belong to the Microsoft online mail program MSN. In this context .SDF files will be automatically indentifies by your computer or MSN and so there should be no need to edit these file directly..

And

ASF (Advanced Streaming Format) is a streaming media format developed by Microsoft. ASF files can contain video, audio, slide shows and synchronized events. ASF files are very similar to WMV files.

A variety of codecs can be used to create ASF files. The end user must have the same codec installed to view the file.

To stream an ASF file, use an ASX file.

Rewards r welcome

Edited by: Mayank Saxena on Sep 15, 2008 1:20 PM