cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a PO without Material master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Can anyone give me what kind of settings that are required for creating POs without material master data.I have tried out the option giving just the cost center K in acct assignment but still the system is spurting the error "Material number required".

Is any other parameter missing in this case.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the item category u are using in PO.

Goto OMH4 transaction and check what is the radiobutton mentioned in "Material required".

If it is mandatory then system gives error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vineet

i guess that the transaction code OMH4 does not exist.

Can you suggest me different Tcode for seeing this "Material required option" against an item category.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

SPRO->Materials Management->Purchasing->Define external representation of item categories->Here goto the details of ur item category

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your Creating the Purchase Order in absence of Material then you must fill the Following :

Account Assignement Category

Short Text

Unit of Measure

Material Group

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create Valuation Class in transaction code OBYC. Then assign the valuation class to your material group. After this you can create PO. In the PO you can enter account assignment, material short text, material group (to which the valuation class is assigned to), quantity, unit of measure, price, account assignment data (for example - Cost Center Number). This type of PO is called as 'Text based PO'.

For transaction code OBYC, take help of your FI consultant.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> the very first thing you need to maintain is :

> 1. Short text desc..

> 2. Material group..

> 3. Account assignemnt...

> 4. Organization levels..etc...

regards

Priyanka.P

AWARD IF HELPFULL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to create PO for the material without material master, You have to maintain the following mandatory fields.

1) Account Assignment Category

2) Material Group

3)Material Description

4)Material Group

5)Plant

6) Qty and Unit of measurement

7) If you maintain Account assignment category as K - Cost center, then you need to maintain Cost center and GL account.

With regardfs

S.Baskaran

Former Member
0 Kudos

After entering all these details i am getting the error

"Item category requires a material number"

Thank you

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Enter the material group for this material description and then press enter. this error will go.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U have to mention a/c assignment category, short description, material group, plant. check & save, Po is created w/o MMR

Pandari