cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS, MQ WebSphere and message loss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a rather strange periodic problem.

I'm sending messages from ERP to XI to MQ Websphere. Sometimes messages does not reach MQ. There is a twist on my scenario. When XI receive a message from ERP XI creates 3 messages: Begin, Data and End. This is becaus the receiving application needs these. It is always my Begin message that gets lost.

The three messages are created using an graphical mapping program and an enhanced interface determination.

The problem happens once end a while - about every 1000 messages or so.

The JMS adapter is configured with Transport/Network protocol: "TCP/IP" and JMS compliant: "webspehere (non JMS)". I'm also using "transactional JMS session" and content conversion.

All messages in runtime workbench is status succesfull (delivered).

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

i think your JMS adapter is working okay because it takes the first msg which it gets of a msgID...........Now xi has no way of knowing that multiple msgs it will get with same msgID as XI expects each msg to have a unique msgID.........So the problem lies with your Websphere MQ.......just see it that how you can avoid this thing of multiple msgs being generated with the same msgID by MQ as even if a batch program is creating these msgs in MQ, then also each msg should have a unique msgID for it........

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ViJaYaNt JhA

I find it difficult to relate your answer to my question. I have actually seen this response before in

which is regarding af sender JMS adapter. My case is receiver and I'm not having diffuculties about unique msgID. Can you go into details about this?

Kind regards

Martin

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think need to increase message size from 1000 to some thing else. Check with adapter property how much it will support based on that increase. Meanwhile check parameters at receiver end also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NALLAM GUNA RANJAN

I'm not sure what is meant by messagesize. Can you go into details about this?

Kind regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your messages are successfully processed in XI i hope its better to check from MQ Series point of view also.

Thanks,

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan.

My friends at the receiver end is doing this in parallel. However they have not yet found any symptoms (they say they never get the message)

Kind regards

Martin