cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backdating of Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please could someone advise me if there is an authorisation, on SBO, that forbids a user to change the dates on their A/R invoices without having to lock the periods or mark them as inactive?

i.e. the Date reflecting on the users Documents only reflects todays date and canot be modified.

Regards,

JP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Pierre,

you may prevent users from posting documents with a future date & also prevent them from posting earlier than today.

Go to :

Administration -> System Initialisation -> Document Settings -> General Tab:

- Block documents with earlier posting date: Select to block the posting process of the documents that creates automatic accounting journal entries (invoice, credit memo, deposit, and payment documents).

- Allow future posting date: Select to be able to create documents with future posting dates. Companies can create documents with future posting dates at the company level and then decide whether to apply this option to all the documents or only to those selected.

If you tick the 'Block' & untick the 'Future date' options, any user will only be able to add transactions with a posting date of the current system date.

These settings only affect the posting date. Even in invoices the due date may be changed manually in the document itself and/or the associated journal entry.

For more info on this please see the archived Expert Empowerment Session:

Dates in SAP Business One [Dates in SAP Business One 2005A SP01|http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000323202008E.zip]

To find the archived sessions please note that you need to reset the search 'From' date to 01.01.2000.

All the best,

kerstin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Pierre

You have two options under Administration > System Initialization > Document Settings as follows:

1. Allow future posting date - Untick to disallow users from posting into the future

2. Block documents with earlier Posting Date - Tick to block, but I would not recommend this as your other users (creditors, etc.) may need to capture documents with earlier dates.

Kind regards

Peter Juby