cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO Destiations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In or landscape we have WAS and both i.e ABAP STACK and JAVA stak are sitting on the same box.

1 > Now for me to create the a WDJ application being deployed on the java stack and accessing the rfc's from ABAP Stack , do i need to maintain jco destinations and update the SLD accordingly. ??

2> while creating JCO destinations we will be crreating user and categorize it as a service user so that the password never expires.

3> While creating model do we need to use the same user?

Thanks and regards

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

1) Yes, you should create Model and Meta data destination, in JCO destination. You have to use the same model and metadata names for models in NWDS, while importing models using adaptive RFC. TO access RFC, webdynpro application uses this destination name

2) Yes. Communication user is given for JCO destination.

3)While Creating model, you can use any other user, with RFC permission. The user given while importing rfc is only for importing the metadata of RFC to NWDS. At runtime, system will be using the User (ie. The communication user) provided in JCO Destination.

Regards,

Fahad Hamsa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, u need to create JCo destinations to the back end u r using and update it in SLD

and u need to use the same user name and password which u have given while creating the jco destination (i,e the username n password of ur r/3 sysytem)

while creating the model