cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Mangement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Material master in purchasing view/sales gen/plant, i need to check the batch management.

I have assigend the class.

I am checking the that box and pressing enter. The chek box is again getting deactivting.

I am getting this error

Batch management requirement cannot be changed; choose "Display errors"

Irfan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Batch management cannot be activated for a material if there are stocks existing for that material. If there are any existing documents also system will not allow you to activate batch management.

Reverse the stocks and make the stock as 0 and if any sale orders are there for that material remove the line item from the sale order and then try activating batch management for that material.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GSL,

Thanks for your reply

There is no stock for the material

Which material type do we need to use/

Irfan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There need not be any specific material type. It depends on the business process. We use batch management for ROH, HALB, FERT.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what gsl said right fr new batch creation u have to that settings normally u assign class in material master data classification field ,u activate plant date store one it automatically appear in sales general plant.

I hope it will help full for u

Former Member
0 Kudos

you must to "clean the inventory for at least to period (month) before you try to deactivat the batch