cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Mangement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Material master in purchasing view/sales gen/plant, i need to check the batch management.

I have assigend the class.

I am checking the that box and pressing enter. The chek box is again getting deactivting.

I am getting this error

Batch management requirement cannot be changed; choose "Display errors"

Irfan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The details of message itself mentioned what to do next.

Diagnosis

The pushbutton Display errors appears only in dialog mode, not in data transfer or in mass maintenance.

Procedure

If this message appears in data transfer or in mass maintenance, and you want to know why the field cannot be changed, access the material in dialog mode using the relevant transaction below, try to change the field as required, and then choose Display errors:

Anyway for info, System won't allow you to change Batch management indicator if there are any open transactions like stock or sales orders etc....

After you press enter...see display errors...system will show you what are open documents pending...

Inorder to change it, you need to remove stock or complete Sales orders etc.....

Only then system will allow you to change it.

Check batch management set in "plant data/stor.1" view of material master.

If the system give you the same error again, go to "Display error" in left up corner and see the reason for the error.

One more point to consider that in some cases you need to to archive the Ma terial before you try to change the Batch management indicator.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayyed,

Thanks for your reply.

I am creating a new material. When i am checking the batch management check boc, it is not getting activating.

Irfan

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

System Throw the above Error Message in Two Cases only :

1) Either Material have Open Orders / Stock

2) Or Batch Status Management is not Active

your Case Might be Second. So, Go to OMCS and Activate the Batch Management and Save.

Now Try & Revert back.

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether stock is already there for that material in current r previous period. If stock is there then you have to stock out for that material. Also check any open sales order or purchase exists for that material. if exists you have to close those docs.

Regards

Ravi shankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If Stocks are already exists for the material, you cannot activate Batch Management.

With Regards

S.Baskaran

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please Let me Know the Error Msg No. Also Click on Choose Display errors and Revert back with details.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

Message no. M3530

Irfan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please note that before making the Batch management active , the material stock must be zero and close all the open Purchase documents. Only then after the Batch management can be made active.

Thanks & Regards,

Amjad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

There is no stock.

Which material type do we need to use/

Irfan