SAP TechEd Discussions
Join the conversation around SAP TechEd! Discuss details of technical sessions and workshops and anything else conference related.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Associate SAP Enterprise Architect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could anyone certified on 'Certified Associate SAP Enterprise Architect' give some guidelines to prepare for the exam? Would be great if you can share your experience on writing this exam.

1 REPLY 1

PritiSAC
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I was able to clear this exam few months back . I have seen many people asking about this certification. There is so much to share in terms of experience, but here i would like to highlight few things:

First of all read through this exam and preparation courses here : [http://www12.sap.com/services/education/certification/certificationrole.epx?context=%5b%5bROLE_C_SOA_CER%5d%5d%7c]

This is neither an typical technical exam nor an functional domain specifc course. This mainly is about big SOA engagements in an organisation. Following are major areas of exam:

Concepts:

SOA history, the SOA overview, journey of SOA so far within SAP, how SAP has adopted SOA model in its practices and many more conceptual points in and around SOA.

SOA Engagement:

In SOA 200 course you will find different phases illustrating how should SOA transformation happen in any company based on several conditions. This also includes what is the best practice to convert an traditional running software enviornment to SOA oriented enviornment.

SOA Governance :

How to get engaged in effective SOA cycle and what rules/templates to follow.

Apart from concepts there are courses for real time studies on Provisioning and Consumption sides of SAP SOA.

Related to this you also need knowledge of SAP netweaver tools and how do these tools help in provisioning and consumption and in overall SOA practices.

In general, this is first level course for a person who wants to be an Enterprise Archictect. But I feel there would be a long way to go after this for anyone to become an SOA EA. This course forms a basis of understanding about the buzz word SOA and related scnearios. But a practical engagement is then necessary to move in the direction of an EA.

I think we are(should be) not allowed to come up with the question paper, but I can give you some hints on the pattern asked in this certification:

The questions are arranged mostly as per the chapters of different courses - SOA100, 200, 110 and Netweaver.

If you read whole SOA 200 it is easier to clear the certification exam because SOA 200 is the important part of whole learning. The major focus is on Introduction chapters of SOA and several definitions besides different phases (view/matrices/templates).

Netweaver topics are huge and it is not possible for anyone to cover all the stacks of Netweaver like PI, MDM, BI, Composition via CAF/CE..

which means that there can be some technical questions which will not be possible to answer unless you have worked on that area throughly. So its better to go with best knowledge on these topics before appearing in the exam or just leave on your luck otherwise ).

SOA100 is very interesting in reading and for understanding as well. The questions are very easy also to answer in this area.

I would say this course should be more considered as interesting learning and its not safe to leave any topic or chapter among these courses for exam as all the courses contribute to questions in the exam.

Hope it helps .