cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase the size of the Barcode output on the printed SAP Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem at the moment in relation to a barcode on a SAP Script (Form) and am looking for help.

I want to increase the size of the barcode on the form but when I increase the size of the current barcode in SE73 the Material Document number prints instead of the Barcode so I changed it back to what it was.

In addition I have created a New system Barcode in SE73 a copy of a standard barcode type and amemded it to suit size required, I then assigned the new barcode to my Printer type.

Then I created a new Character format in my form and assigned my new barcode to it.

I then assigned the new character format to my Data element in the relevant Window.

But still my barcode is not getting any bigger.

I have searched the forum and could not find anything that resolves my problem.

Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In SE73 there you assigned your new barcode to your printer type.

If you choose your printer type there and dubble click on it, so you see you barcode there.

Now you see 4 columns: Device type, barcode, prefix and suffix.

This suffix defines size of the barcode, so this is maybe the problem.

Take a copy of the original suffix, change it and connect it to you new barcode.

Regards

Åsa Thenstedt

Colada Ab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Asa,

thanks for the response, yes I just tried that the original was <SBP11> <SBS11> so I changed it to <SBP10><SBP10> and it reduced the Barcode size I also tried <SBP21><SBS21> and this also reduced the size of my barcode.

How do I know which prefix or suffix to use to increase the barcode size??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

It is only the suffix that has effect on the sizes.

If are on you suffix and click on Displ.Print Control button, can you see the control characters sequens.

if the sequens starts with 203138... is it bigger than if it starts with 203132...

Maybe is it better to copy the original one and try to fins out how those control characters are working.

Regards

Åsa