cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am having problem as Account Assignment Catagory P,Q in assigning material to project.When i create PR,Through ME51N then in case of Q(Project make to order)

commitment value is not shown in any commitment report.

After consumption (GI) its showing.

But in case of service AAc P,Item Cat. D commitment value is in commitment report.

In Q consumption Posting is P but in case of P its V.

When i Changed In P to V not any effect.

I've check the account Ass Catagory in SPRO .But its seems to be OK.

Is requirment Class is responsible for this commitment value .

regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The GL account code that is being determined in procurement for the material should be created as 'statistical cost element'. Ask FI person to create this. Once this is done, you will automatically see commitment value. This is as per standard SAP. In case yoiu do not get this value as commitment, please rebuild PS infor data base once using transaction CJEN.

I hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

My FI person saying that there is not any 'stastical Cost Element' .

Please discribe that.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask him whether he can create Cost Element for Balance sheet accounts. He will say no. But tell him for the budget availability control as well as showing commitment value in project reports, SAP has provided a feature of creating stastical cost element for these accounts. These are category 90. I am talking from my experience, I have already faced with this situation and I got the same answer from FI person. Finally after lot of argument, I got this done. Needless to mention, I expected this reply from your FI person as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to maintaining the statastical cost element, you need to ask the MM consultant to maintain the project valuation class for the material you are procuring. He should assign the cost element against this valuation class in OBYC(BSX).

regards

KAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

As you say i search the cost element catagory for that material and see its 90 and stastical cost element .

But its not comming in commitmnt value.

you've faced same kind of problem ,so help me.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you rebuild the PS Info data base using CJEN transaction?

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear ,

As you say this stastical cost element is assignd in material valluaton class.

Can't understand why its not showing?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear,

Do't know this procedure will you please discribe me?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Run transaction CJEN, remove check box against 'test run' and 'background execution' and execute the transaction. This rebuilds the info data base in case there are some misses. Once this is done, you should be able to see value in commitment. Even after this you do not see value, please carryout new purchase for the same material. Commitment value has to appear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for helping me.

It works n i am able to see that in report.

But its not showing against the activity i've assigned it

its showing against the WBSE which activity assiged.

Why its not showing on activity level.

Will you exactly tell the use of CJEN.

Regards.

Sukhveer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to find out why it is not showing value against network activity. Check whether it is showing actual value against the activity after posting. It should show against activity. Check the PO, what is it showing in account assignment tab, does it show network activity or the WBS Element. Values will appear as per the account assignment.

For processes of CJEN, please another message, I will explain to you what is it all about.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Its showing actual values on activity level but not the PR,PO Commitment value.

Can the problem of header assigned or activity assigned

in parameter for n/w type?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since actual value of this particular purchase is on the activity level, that means network is activity assigned. In this case, we will have to find out why it is showing commitment value on WBS Element level. This particular this I am not aware at all.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Q is used for project stock which is not committed to the WBS, this will appear only after consumption as you have observed

If you are not using project stock functionality then do not use this for account assignment of WBS for PR etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

but can i see this value of used commitment in any report.

Its amount is reduced from commitment budget but i am unable to see where its value is.

Regards.