Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oss

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is oss???

why needed??

also

can i work frm any cyber cafe without having SAP GUI s/w?

Regards

jiten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

singh

Few more Addition to Ashok.

OSS stands for On-line Service System, that helps in users to get fast and effective help from SAP. The user may log-in to OSS system to find a possible solution for a 'bug'. Get the patch ,if any, download and apply to correct the problem.

You have provide the suserid and password to download the file,

which will be in .car format.

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.

is it same as sap service marketplace frm where we download

patches,s/w...etc.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jiten,

Not eaxctly service marketplace

After installation your system has to be registered with sap for support.You can create oss message with sap for known issues in your system through service marketplace and sap will connect remotely to your system to analyze thw issue for that you have to open a oss connection for sap through service marketplace.

Regards

Ashok

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

now no confusion..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually we create oss connection so that SAP empl can access our servers.

Thanks,

j

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OSS is support system notes to use as per some issue comes then SAP is recomend to apply this oss notes.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

wen we raise any issue 2 sap then sap recomend sum notes 2 help or other soln if the issue is critical. tell me OSS is same as m.place or not ??? also how can i access oss?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jiten,

In my view marketplace is the portal for sap oss but not complete oss.In some oranization the end user will be creating tickets in a portal and it will be assigned to the support team.like that when you will be creating a message with sap how and where you can do it ,the answer is sap service market place but it will be creating a ticket to sap global support.When sap wants to connect to check the issue in your system then you have to open connection in the portal sap service marketplace.

when you are creating a oss message with sap then sap online support system will provide you the resolution.

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jiten,

SAP OSS is Online Support System from sap.You need this to get support from sap.

You can work from a cyber cafe without having SAP GUI but it depend what kind of system and what kind of work you want to do.As of Netweaver it is possible.

Regards

Ashok