Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the tc/wd/webdynpro - Deplyment Error

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created an EJB that has a method that uses classes like IWDClientUser and IUser.

To use these at buildtime I have added an entry in the Used DC section (tc/wd/dynpro). Also I have added the mail, security and other required dependancies here.

Although, there is no error at buid time- the project give me the following error during deployment ...

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/tc/webdynpro/services/sal/um/api/IWDClientUser

I get the same error after adding the same entried to the EAP's Used DC section as well.

Please let me know if there is any solution.

Thanks.

p256960

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi p256960,

nice name

to use WD interfaces, you have to use Web Dynpro!

kind regards

Stefanie

p_2_5_6_9_6_0
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stefanie.

So that means that the web dynpro EAR is deployed on a Web Dynpro Engine and the EJB Ear (EAP) is deployed on the J2EE compliant engine.

Am I correct?

Thanks.

p256960.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can deploy Webdynpro and Ejb Application on same server(J2EE) engine.

But you have used IWDClient user Aplis in your EJB project which is part of the Webdynpro runtime frame work and should be used in Webdynpro Project.

You can include com.sap.security.api.sda lib dc in your EJB layer which provide UME Apis ,

you can get the IUser object like this.

IUser user = UMFactory.getUserFactory().getUserByLogonID("Administrator");

in that case you have to pass the user id form your Wd application to the EJB layer using IWDClientUser api.

Siddharth

Edited by: Siddharth Jain on Sep 15, 2008 2:14 PM