cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images will not display on Export to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a BOXi Web Intelligence Document that displays two images that are 7kb each.

The Text for one of the objects is set to:

http://cpolrhp.belvoir.army.mil/eur/images/CHRA_Logo.gif

That object is set to read the text as:

Image URL

The images display on the report in web intelligence but they do not export to PDF when I select save to my computer as PDF.

Any help on this would be a great help!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

bhaveshdoshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Has this image issue been fixed with Excel? Can we see logo in Excel from later version of BOE?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Has this image issue been fixed with Excel? Can we see logo in Excel from later version of BOE?

No, not yet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

The behavior experienced by you is quite strange.

When we save the document with image as Excel, the image goes missing and this is a known limitation but we can save it successfully to PDF.

Suggest you to check for the Adobe version.

You can also follow these steps:

follow these steps to correctly redefine the object so that it appears on each page:

1. Open the report.

2. In the report, right-click on the image and go to Format Cell > "Alignment" tab.

3. Check the option "Repeat On Every Page" and then click "Ok".

4. Click on the dotted line representing the position of the header is and drag it down slightly.

5. Go to Insert > Cell, insert a cell in the header of the report, and enter text in the cell.

6. Right-click on the cell and go to Format Cell > "Appearance" tab and check the option "Hide Cell".

7. Drag the header back into its original position.

Regards,

Ekta Srivastava

8. Save the report and export it to the repository. The image will now be displayed on every page when the report is opened in PDF viewing mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will try this and let you know what happens. I had read the previous posts and knew that it was an issue for Excel which is exactly why it made no sense to me why it was not working for Adobe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I have tried out your suggestion. Still no luck.

I have Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.1.0 and I have Adobe Acrobat Reader 8.0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Today, there is a security constraint with embedding images hosted on an unknown server. There is a workaround for those using previous versions of XI. In XI3.0 and after, you can directly embed images in the report and they will export in PDF (Excel is still not available).

So the workaround is to have the image located in the /images dircetory on the server. The steps are:

1) The image file must coppied to the following directory on the BusinessObjects server, by your administrator.

<Install>\Business Objects Enterprise 115\Images

2) Type the file name of the image into the URL text box.

For example: logo.gif

Web Intelligence automatically inserts the following string of characters before the name of the image file: boimg://

For example: boimg://logo.gif

Hope this helps!

michael_jennings
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

the limitation about download on Excel has been solved on XI31 platform ?

Best Regards,

MJ