cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Area Clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I have a Plant with only one storage location and I assign an MRP area with plant type and Storage location type MRP area, when I run MRP for the plant only the plant level requirements are taken into account and the stock is not considered right?? And when I run MRP at MRP area level for storage location the stock is considered and the requirements at plant level are not considered correct?

Please clarify the above

Jade

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have a plant with only one str location. Plant is assigned with MRP area & str location also assigned to str loc MRP area.

So in the plant no str location.

When run MRP at str location level, system will not consider plant level.

MRP run at Plant level will not consider str loc MRP area.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your replies, when I do MD01 both will be considered, for this I can configure teh scope of planning in such a way that only plant level or storage location level is considered correct?

Jade

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you run at plant level at MD01..it will consider the stor loc even an MRP area (stor loc) is specified for the material. If you run at MRP area (stor loc) only, then it will look at the stor loc only.

If you really want to run at Plant level, but excluding the MRP area, maybe you can use the User exit and filter the materials that has this MRP area (stor loc).

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can try with scope of planning and also try

Use user exit M61X0001.This can be used for selection of material on which MRP has to be run ( example material type , materials having same MRP controller etc) . ones this exit is activated u can give the user exit key & user exit parameter and run MD01 to do a selective MRP run.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If only one stor loc is defined at that plant, then yes. That is, if you run MRP at MD02. But if you run Total-Planning for MRP, it will consider everything even if you run it at plant level.