cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product custom search logic in Web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a problem in implementing custom serach logic for products.

I have defined a new set type and assigned that settype to the product. Now the requirement is we need to have a search based on that set type, basically thats the old material number that is maintained is ECC.

I have identified the search object as

ProdAdvSearchRgProducts and the class is CL_CRM_PRIL_ADVSEARCH_PROD. Now what i want to do is to implement my own search logic in a Z class.

How do i do it? I have tried assigning the Z class in the view crmv_pril_obj in SM30 but its giving me error as "Set type guid does not exists".

Any helpful input would be rewarded.

Regards

S Sengupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,S Sengupta :

i created a Z class inherited from CL_CRM_PRIL_ADVSEARCH_BASE , and redine the method and it done ok .

Your way is correct , replace the query class in the view crmv_pril_obj .

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI XiaoMing

I have done the same but i get the same error as sengupta which is "Set type guid does not exists",

can u let me know ur steps

Thanks

Edited by: Jess on Dec 22, 2008 10:11 AM

Edited by: Jess on Dec 22, 2008 10:15 AM

Edited by: Anik Roy on Jan 5, 2009 9:41 PM

Removed email Reference - Refer to the [Rules of Engagement|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement]

former_member189678
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain the entries in CRMC_PRIL_OBJ as well.

Regards,

Harshit

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, first I think you need to add your custom attributes in an append structure for search structure CRMT_PRIL_QUERY_ADVSEARCH_PROD (you can find this info in table CRMC_PRIL_OBJ).

Then I think that you need to implement the BADI CRM_PRODUCT_SEARCH. There is a default implementation of this BADI, in class CL_CRM_PRIL_SEARCHEXIT_IMPL.

Good luck !

Xavier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the input,

But when i debugged the search method , nowhere it called that BADI .

Could you please tell me how to make sure that this BADI is called, i found one enhancement spot COM_PRODUCT_SE which but that si specifically used to TREX .

Regards

S Sengupta

xavier_dehairs2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Did you created an implementation for this BADI ? I saw that you need to set a Filter for it, which is the name of the search structure. Can you try that and see if it stop ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xavier,

Thanks for your inputs. i have implemented the BADI but the problem is it is used for TREX.

Anyways thanks fo rthe inputs. i have given points for that as well.

Regards

S Sengupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sengupta.,

I have the semilar requirement to add a new dynamic search on Services. Can you share your experiences on how have you done it?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.