cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TMS Config issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I had created a virtual QA server in TMS after DEV installation for the sake of transport requests. Now after installing QA server and sharing trans, simply configured TMS in QA by se06 followed by STMS (by selecting DEV as domain controller)

But after I get message that "Waiting for inclusion", when I check in DEV -> STMS -> Systems, I do not find my QA server (to approve).

I checked my RFCs and found that two RFCs which were generated were failing the authorization test. The TMSADM user is not locked. I tried resetting user buffer using RSET but no help.

I also changed passwords and gave SAP_ALL for TMSADM in both DEV/QAS, didn't help either.

Any help please..

regards, Sean.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

It seams to be a probleme in operation sequence.

Software Logistic in SAP systems is managed by CTS (Change and Transport System). CTS includes :

- TMS (Transport Mgt System) for system definition and transport route definition between systems

- CTO (Change & Transport Organizer) for transport request management

So, with SE06 you did a complete reset of CTS on your system !

I advise you to:

- run again SE06 and do "post installation again" in order to reset again CTS. TMS configuration will be deleted.

- run STMS transaction in order to create configuration profiles (for TP tool and Domain) under /usr/sap/trans/bin directory

- check DEV as the only system in TMS

- under STMS transaction, create a virtual system, QAS

Those system will be automatically linked to DEV. As it's not a "real" system you do not need any share at OS level. Virtual systems are need in order to be able to release request from DEV system. It provides a "target". This virtual system will be replaced by the "real" system after installation.

SAP recommandation is to setup whole system landscape (from DEV to PRD) as soon as DEV system was installed. By this way, you will have realistic picture of your landscape and you can generate transport request at OS level for further import in "real" system beside DEV.

I hope this information helpful for you

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your answers.

@Samuel:

I did have virtual systems in TMS. I have one question. Say I installed DEV. Created virtual systems QAS and PRD.

STMS was configured with above info.

Now I installed QAS (same <SID>). Shared /usr/sap/trans.

I ran se06 -> STMS and selected DEV as domain controller. Then I get messsage "QAS waiting for inclusion". Next, I login into DEV.

Now does QAS gets changed from virtual to installed system by itself???

(In my case it didn't. So i deleted virtual QAS entry, deleted all TMS config everywhere, started from scratch, still I can't see QAS in Systems to approve)

regards, Sean.

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

In QAS have you given Domain controller information properly??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just selected the DEV_DOMAIN when ran STMS. After this if I try to run any menu option in QAS, it days TMS not configured.

The status simply says: "Waiting for inclusion"

But I can't see this system listed under "Systems" in DEV for inclusion. That's my trouble. I tried with virtual QAS created before QAS STMS run and without virtual QAS as well. No success !

regards, Sean.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

Can you check /usr/sap/trans/bin/*.PFL or TPPARAM files whether QAS entry is present now that you have built your QA ?

Also, confirm if QAS is able to access /usr/sap/trans/

If the above thing works, simply delete the configuration on QAS save and reconfigure the CTS.

Sometimes there is a glitch.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks. Nope, I do not see any entries for QAS in TP_DOMAIN_DEV.PFL

Still STMS in QAS shows "Waiting for inclusion". When I try to delete the config, as expected it says the action can be done from domain controller only.

So I did. Then retried resetting TMS in DEV and QAS. Landed again at same problem

regards, Sean.

Former Member
0 Kudos

sean ,

take a backup of the tpdomain.pfl available and delete it from usr\sap\trans \bin ,

now go to the system which u want to set as domain controller and make it as a domain controller .

now check whether the Tpdomain.pfl has been created in the transport directory .

then goto Quality system and go to STMS . click on the 'other objects ' button and make sure that u give correct information on domain controller and transport directory .

Make sure that Transport directory is accessible for changes from the Quality system .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sean,

Please check access to transport directory (/usr/sap/trans) from your QAS system.

Go under AL11 and select DIR_TRANS entry. Check thant you're under /usr/sap/trans on the DEV host and not on QAS host.

May be U've got dual transport directory and even if QAS contact DEV system, it remains unable to put correct information on DEV filesystem.

What's your SAP release ?

Regards

Sam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto TC:SM59 and first check whether the RFC test for, quality system is working well .

perform a connection test to RFC destination of the quality system

if fails , check the parameters for the RFC destination

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you delete previously created virtual QA system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Yes, I did delete the virtual system before setting up QAS TMS. Still issue is there.

regards, Sean.

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to Reset User TMSADM, otherwise delete the TMS configuration in both the systems and login DEV make it Domain Controller, and login to QA add it to domain controller